Doomsday Pie

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
A new novelty web site has been launched (as of the past 24 hours) called "Doomsday Pie."

It harvests random Tweets related to end-of-the-world stuff, and takes an aggregate of the Tweets. The aggregate is cast into a pie graph.

Currently, the prevailing opinion is that the world shall end via a zombie apocalypse.

https://www.facebook.com/DoomsdayPieSite

http://www.doomsdaypie.com/

I'm not certain if the data is always only taking the finite Tweets harvested during a given window of time, and then discards those older Tweets and reshapes a new pie with each new harvest, or if it's compiling them cumulatively. Either way, it's amusing.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That is awesome.

And I am totally correct about the forthcoming zombie apocalypse... Stock up on supplies now, while you can.

iron9567

Registered
Reaction score
I guess all those people selling various anti-zombie kits are going to be getting a new customer. These slimy little buggers are going to attack when we least expect it. I say we bring the fight to the zombies before they get started. So lets go zombie hunting and get a few taken care of before there are to many.
thanks
the iron man

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
The misspellings alone could draw the wrath of an unknown (yet perfectly sensible) cosmic culture!!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
crazy but fun. At least there are a couple things on there that are real-world problems for actual human beings living, you know, here on planet earth, without massive amounts of drugs floating through our bloodstreams. I loathe "end of the world" as a phrase. The world will be just fine--indeed better off when we leave it. It's just "end of humanity" people are talking about, a mere blip for The World. Sort of like getting rid of a bad case of crabs.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When will be the next time such a cosmic event happens?

More and more often as more and more interstellar plasma getting into the solar system increasing solar output, combined with failing magnetosphere and the solar maximum sometime between the end of 2012 and early 2013...heh...

It's as well evidenced as bath salts anyway...