So new here and...

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chaos-flare.deviantart.com
Wanted to know what you guys like to do when you aren't busy typing(or if you're old fashioned like that, penciling ) up your manuscripts, short stories, novellas, poems, lyrics, whatever it is you are working on....

I myself like doing photography and am a freelance artist....:Sun: or surfing the internet.... I have such a short attention span.. Hence me goofing off writing this post rather than writing :D

Ready GO!

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
I also like the internet. Lol!

But sometimes I draw. Sometimes I sew. Mostly around Halloween, making a costume for myself or November, making presents for people.

Sometimes I read. Haha. But I like watching old TV shows on DVD. I get a lot of inspiration from Buffy and Xena and Charmed and even shows like The Tudors. So I'll do nothing for a week or two but work at my day job and watch a season from my (massive) TV on DVD collection whenever I'm having a dry spell.

Most of the time I do both. I'll watch TV for an hour or two and then write the rest of the night. That works well for me. ^_^

Todd Young

Registered
Reaction score
My favorite downtime is reading. And I figure it isn't wasted time as I'm always picking something up as I go. I don't always do it consciously, but I think the more you read, the better writer you become. I also like to read a wide variety of work, from abysmal (which makes me feel I can do better) to literature (which makes me realize how far I've got to go).

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I also like to read a wide variety of work, from abysmal (which makes me feel I can do better) to literature (which makes me realize how far I've got to go).

Self esteem booster? :D haha, I do the same thing. Except when i do read the abysmal stuff, I feel the need to start editing and that's just not enjoyable at all! haha.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also enjoy:

• Baking
  • Shopping
  • Watching HGTV and The Food Network
  • Shopping
  • Bible Study
*Not necessarily in that order ;)

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
reading, cooking, board games, movies....
oh, and wasting time on the Internet, of course.

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I also enjoy:

• Baking
  • Shopping
  • Watching HGTV and The Food Network
  • Shopping
  • Bible Study
*Not necessarily in that order ;)

WAIT. You may have forgot to add shopping to your list! haha.

Baking is a dangerous past-time for me. I love to do it and I love to eat it.... not a good combo...

TheRajinski

Probationary Agent
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoy dog training, going on nature walks, and drinking expensive coffee. I also enjoy keeping up-to-date on the news. :)

Things I do not enjoy:

-Cleaning
-Cooking
-Shopping

haha

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I read. Haha. But I like watching old TV shows on DVD. I get a lot of inspiration from Buffy and Xena and Charmed and even shows like The Tudors. So I'll do nothing for a week or two but work at my day job and watch a season from my (massive) TV on DVD collection whenever I'm having a dry spell.

Yes, this! I also have a massive TV-on-DVD collection. :D

Lately I've been reading a lot, but before then I was busy with Uni stuff.

As far as Internet goes, I basically just come here on AW, or surf youtube.

Oh, and I also (try to) play musical instruments.

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I enjoy dog training, going on nature walks, and drinking expensive coffee. I also enjoy keeping up-to-date on the news. :)

Things I do not enjoy:

-Cleaning
-Cooking
-Shopping

haha
But why?? Shopping and cooking are so fun! haha. I approve of coffee. A whole bunch!

Yes, this! I also have a massive TV-on-DVD collection. :D

Lately I've been reading a lot, but before then I was busy with Uni stuff.

As far as Internet goes, I basically just come here on AW, or surf youtube.

Oh, and I also (try to) play musical instruments.

What kind of musical instruments do you (try to?) play?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Most often, electric guitar. I also have a shitty acoustic guitar.

Whenever I visit the grandparents, I play grandad's organ. I also have a keyboard which isn't all that great.

And to round it out, I have a drum kit and a microphone, which never get used. There's nowhere to set up the drums, and I haven't recorded anything in a long time, even though I have a mic.

I want to record my own CD one day, playing all the instruments myself. Unfortunately, I'll need better equipment, as well as a bass guitar and maybe flute or violin or both, and YEARS of practice.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a total internet junkie. But when I'm not parked in front of the TV either writing or surfing the web I enjoy:

- reading

- traveling (when I've got the time and money)

- shopping (when I've got the money)

- bird watching

- fishing

- skiing

Of course, there's about another dozen or so things I like to do, but I'm not going fill up an entire post.

TheRajinski

Probationary Agent
Registered
Reaction score
But why?? Shopping and cooking are so fun! haha. I approve of coffee. A whole bunch!

I don't know. I'm kind of strange. I just have zero tolerance for shopping. I'll look through one rack of clothes (usually on clearance heh heh), and then I'm over it. I get bored because I end up not liking ANYTHING. haha

I guess I don't like spending money, and I dislike being concerned by clothes and other material things. Tomorrow.... I'll be shopping for an "office wardrobe." I'm scared. Very scared.

Then again, if it's shopping for the dog... OR if it's browsing the local used bookstore... I suppose I can muster some patience for that. ;)

And cooking? Ooof. Sometimes I feel like I want to make something complicated. But then I look at a recipe... at all the ingredients and the steps... my brain shuts down. haha So I make spaghetti.

sadbeautifultragic

Registered
Reaction score
I like to think about writing.

Listen to music...

Watch anime.

Play Final Fantasy. Actually that is probably my #1 thing. Just play FF all day long. Preferrably X. But I'm also a fan of VII (then again who the hell isn't?)

Read....

And I spend a lot of time on AW.

And baking!

This is an awkward post so I'm gonna stop now. :)

-t.

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Solanova :hi:

I like reading books, signs along the road as I'm driving, maps, AW posts, instruction manuals... I like putting on my boots and walking in the rain. I like holding a hot cup of tea afterwards. I LOVE going to the library and roaming amongst the books. I only like shopping if it's for books, computer-related gadgets or stationery. I like watching ALF, have series on DVD. There's more, but monsteR needs her morning tea and to get cracking on current WIP. :)

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Wanted to know what you guys like to do when you aren't busy typing(or if you're old fashioned like that, penciling ) up your manuscripts, short stories, novellas, poems, lyrics, whatever it is you are working on....

I myself like doing photography and am a freelance artist....:Sun: or surfing the internet.... I have such a short attention span.. Hence me goofing off writing this post rather than writing :D

Ready GO!

What a great conversation starter! :D

I like to run, hang out with people I love, walk, hike, photography, and play with my adorable cats.

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Watch anime.

Play Final Fantasy. Actually that is probably my #1 thing. Just play FF all day long. Preferrably X. But I'm also a fan of VII (then again who the hell isn't?)

I ADORE Final Fantasy X. Its my absolute Favorite. And Kingdom Hearts. LOOOVE KH. And anime. @_@ ANY anime. I'm such a fangirl!

There's more, but monsteR needs her morning tea and to get cracking on current WIP. :)

I know... I'm such a procrastinator :poke: I try to get my work done, but there are always so many pretty colors to look at! hahaha

What a great conversation starter! :D

I like to run, hang out with people I love, walk, hike, photography, and play with my adorable cats.

Hiking is always fun! I don't have many friends that are hikers unfortunately, so I don't get to do it as much anymore (Plus Moving away from Montana to a larger town put a big damper on that as well lol)

sadbeautifultragic

Registered
Reaction score
I ADORE Final Fantasy X. Its my absolute Favorite. And Kingdom Hearts. LOOOVE KH. And anime. @_@ ANY anime. I'm such a fangirl!

Oh my gosh, I remember KH. In 4th grade, my best friend and I would stay up all night singing "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" at the top of our lungs. Such good memories. :)

Nice to meet you by the way! :welcome:

I also like watching movies. I looove movies.

-t.

Solanova

Not your average Panda
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh my gosh, I remember KH. In 4th grade, my best friend and I would stay up all night singing "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" at the top of our lungs. Such good memories. :)

Yeah, I remember watching the beginning cut scene over and over with my brother lol I cant believe its been 10 years already @_@ That alone makes me feel kinda old lol.