PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Critique Partner- Romance

jjo826
06-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Hi, Iím mainly a lurker here but Iím looking for a new critique partner and thought this might be a good place to start. I currently have a lot of good writing friends, and one fabulous critique partner, but I find myself wanting additional feedback.

Iím hoping that someone here might be looking for the same thing. Iím a published writer with Elloraís Cave and I just finished a major revision on a single title, contemporary romance for my agent. I usually stick to contemporary romance with varying heat levels that range from hot to erotic (Sometimes including BDSM). Basically, if you like your romance sweet with no swearing, Iím not the girl for you.

A good CP relationship has to be a great match for both parties so Iíll try and be specific about Iím looking for. Iíll start by being honestóIím not a good CP for a newer writer. I wish I was, but I donít have the time or the patience for it. I am really looking for someone whoís around the same writing level as I am and preferably published in romance. For weaknesses, Iím not good at nitpicking grammar and spelling (Iíll apologize in advance for any grammatical errors Iíve made in this post). I love all forms of romance but my preference in a critique partner is not for sweeter or category romance (although I do have material with HQ Blaze right now). While I can be quite hard in a critique, I try very hard not to mess with anything thatís voice related. I also don't want to change the direction of your story. I look at my job as helping with character arcs, continuity, plot holes, etc.

Iím starting to feel like Iím writing, well, a novel so if youíd like to talk further send me a PM and we can discuss weíre both looking for.