PDA

View Full Version : Suits (USA)

JQTrotter
06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I couldn't find a discussion form on this show yet. Has anyone watched Suits on USA (IMDB page here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/))? It just aired it's first episode of the second season tonight.

I loved the first season and I was very entertained with the first episode tonight. I thought the concept was so ridiculous when I first heard about it (a guy pretending to be a lawyer, never graduated from college, and getting hired by a high profile super law NYC firm) but then I saw the show and I fell for it. It's clever, funny, and I really like all the characters.

Harvey and Mike (the main duo) have great chemistry and both nice to look at, too. All the girls are strong, independent and clever. My personal favorite is Harvey's assistant Donna. Even the rat-like Louis is amusing -- I love to hate him.

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend setting a DVR recording for it. It's not one of those shows you have to watch in chronological order (though it might help). I was so sick of police and lawyer shows (still am, really) but Suits is my exception.

wheelwriter
06-16-2012, 07:05 AM
I couldn't find a discussion form on this show yet. Has anyone watched Suits on USA (IMDB page here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/))? It just aired it's first episode of the second season tonight.

I loved the first season and I was very entertained with the first episode tonight. I thought the concept was so ridiculous when I first heard about it (a guy pretending to be a lawyer, never graduated from college, and getting hired by a high profile super law NYC firm) but then I saw the show and I fell for it. It's clever, funny, and I really like all the characters.

Harvey and Mike (the main duo) have great chemistry and both nice to look at, too. All the girls are strong, independent and clever. My personal favorite is Harvey's assistant Donna. Even the rat-like Louis is amusing -- I love to hate him.

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend setting a DVR recording for it. It's not one of those shows you have to watch in chronological order (though it might help). I was so sick of police and lawyer shows (still am, really) but Suits is my exception.

I love Suits. Love Harvey and Mike. The concept is pretty silly, but the writing and acting on the show is slick.

MysteryRiter
06-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Love this show! I agree that the concept seems pointless, but it's one of those shows where you really have to see it to "get" it. Also, I think Donna is the best supporting character ever. In history. She and Harvey make such a great combo!

I loved the first season, but that season two premier on thursday was... AMAZING. Can't wait for more!

CrystalCierlak
06-16-2012, 07:40 AM
This is one of my favorite shows. I literally yelled at my TV when it was over because it was so consistently good and I didn't want it to end.

JQTrotter
06-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Love this show! I agree that the concept seems pointless, but it's one of those shows where you really have to see it to "get" it. Also, I think Donna is the best supporting character ever. In history. She and Harvey make such a great combo!

I loved the first season, but that season two premier on thursday was... AMAZING. Can't wait for more!

I agree with you a 100%! Donna is amazing as was the season two premier.

This is one of my favorite shows. I literally yelled at my TV when it was over because it was so consistently good and I didn't want it to end.

I found myself shouting "no!" when I thought Mike was going to actually going to get fired.

Jehhillenberg
06-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Frikin' LOVE Suits.

USA is all about characters, so a lot of the shows are good.

I always make the connection with "Harvey" and "lawyer" and birdman attorney at law for some reason. Lol.

But I agree with you all. Great show. Interesting concept. The pilot episode was so, so very good. Looking forward to all of season 2.

Kerosene
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Great screenplay
Great character interactions
Great legal representation (that's honest)

I love Donna. :D She has been my favorite since she first talked.

Just watched the first episode of season two and (without spoilers), to say "it gets good" is not even the half of it.

One point, the last episode, the deal with the cell phone was a pulled out of someone's butt. And they lost a piece of confidence from me.

I agree with Jehhillenberg, USA knows what's good and does it well. Fairly Legal, Burn Notice and Suits is great. (I don't like other shows as much, though I watch them).

Purple Rose
06-16-2012, 10:24 AM
This is one of my favourite shows. I'm still watching Season 1; cable TV in Asia is behind on all the US hit shows.

I love, love, LOVE Donna. I hope Mike's best friend Trevor stays out of the show. I found him immensely annoying. As much as I like everything about Harvey, I hope Mike never becomes like him even if it means Mike remains pretty much a researcher or Harvey's support all his life. He'll still be the best researcher or support guy in the world.

BenPanced
06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Never heard of it until this week.

JQTrotter
06-17-2012, 02:07 AM
I always make the connection with "Harvey" and "lawyer" and birdman attorney at law for some reason. Lol.

I do, too! That's why I love that Harvey's mentor turned out to be Gary Cole. And Cole was the voice of Harvey Birdman attorney at law.

Jehhillenberg
06-17-2012, 03:03 AM
I do, too! That's why I love that Harvey's mentor turned out to be Gary Cole. And Cole was the voice of Harvey Birdman attorney at law.

Oh WOW. Hahahahahah. That's rich.

Beautiful_Liar
06-17-2012, 06:04 AM
LOVE Suits, so glad it's back.

Harvey can get it. ;)

MysteryRiter
06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Loved tonight's episode as well. I would give anything to write dialogue as well and as wittily (is that even an adverb?!) as the Suits writers do.

And then I saw the trailer for the next one... *hyperventilates* *cue over-excited jumping up down* [The following is just from the trailer so it isn't really a spoiler, but I'm putting it in white anyway] IN THE PREVIEW, THE ENEMY LAWYER THREATENED TO REPORT HARVEY TO THE BAR!!! AHH!! Maybe my long-time suspicion that he isn't a real lawyer like Mike is right after all!

...But it's two weeks away. *sigh*