published soon and ecstatic...

Vikingessa

Tangled...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vikingessa.com
I had started this year with a list of goals which seemed a little too out of reach to others. Some close to me thought I was a little out of my mind when I said that before the end of the year I will have something published that is in paperback. Keep in mind that the last time I was published it was about ten years ago in something local.

It may seem naive, but the idea of picking up an anthology with something I wrote in it is beyond amazing to me. There are even royalties. I don't expect anything really, just excited that my name is in print with something I'm very proud of. Something I can pick up on the bookshelf of my favorite bookstore.

I made it into a zombie anthology that will be printed before Halloween hits. Staring at the contract I need to sign is probably the most surreal part of it all.

The truth? In the past ten years I haven't submitted a single thing for publishing. It's just been something I've kept to myself. I think I was more pleased when my mother told me that my style of writing as improved and she really enjoyed it.

Good, because get used to me in the horror genre.

Now what? I aim for the stars. Complete my young adult novel, start editing that and then rebegin my zombie trilogy when NaNoWriMo hits.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go! And so nice that it has energized you! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

Vikingessa

Tangled...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vikingessa.com
:) Thanks for all the congrats. I fell off of the face of the planet here since accessing a lot of forums does not work when you've only got internet access mobile only. It also has meant a lot less writing in general for me. Which is why I'm scrambling quickly to put a story collection together in only about a month. Digging through the ruins, discards and flash fiction has been quite the task. So very far from easy.

As for limelight? HA! What limelight? I am only one of many in this anthology that I'm itching to read. I am waiting until the end of October when it will be available in POD. Right now it is only available in ebook format...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009EIK4UK/?tag=absowrit-20

Not sure if I'm going to be able to pull together a collection I will be pleased with though. So far it's only loose ideas of what the amalgamation will turn out to be. Themes, pieces written in the past and in dire need of editing. Life has gotten in the way.

Finally signed up on GoodReads as an author:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6536990.Kris_Freestone

Alright....back to the drawing board to work on some new short stories.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!