PDA

View Full Version : Dallas 2.0 on TNT...

Lavern08
06-14-2012, 06:53 PM
I soooo wanted to love it, but it stunk. :(

Snowstorm
06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I have to agree. Although when JR met the real gal in the sting, you could see a huge difference in his face and eyes. Then I was hooked.

Jehhillenberg
06-14-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought it was pretty good and I enjoyed the premiere.

Then again, I've never seen the original soap/series, so I'm coming in with fresh eyes and no solid knowledge on backstory.

CrastersBabies
06-15-2012, 02:46 AM
I enjoyed it as well. It's a soap, just like the original. (This is the show where they brought Bobby back from the dead and said the entire last year was Pam's "dream.")

I think there are some interesting players and characters already.

I guess I have a thing for bad boys, because I find myself rooting for John Ross. :)

Jehhillenberg
06-17-2012, 04:39 AM
I enjoyed it as well. It's a soap, just like the original. (This is the show where they brought Bobby back from the dead and said the entire last year was Pam's "dream.")

I think there are some interesting players and characters already.

I guess I have a thing for bad boys, because I find myself rooting for John Ross. :)

:)

The good brother vs. bad brother trope; still love it. I read and it's pretty clear the sons are supposed to be the carbon copies of their dads. So...it'll be a power play between John Ross and Christopher Ewing? Nice.

Snowstorm
06-17-2012, 05:16 AM
I read and it's pretty clear the sons are supposed to be the carbon copies of their dads.
Yeah. I wonder how more interesting it would be if they were flipped: Bobbie had the monster and JR had the good-two-shoes. :D

Maryn
06-17-2012, 05:23 AM
I found myself wondering several things:
Just how fat has Lucy gotten?
Ray was alone at the wedding--where's Donna?
Did Pam turn out to be just a dream, like that one season in which Bobby died? Because the script acts as if she had never existed. The names carved on the tree, for instance.
Where's Cliff Barnes? (For all I know, the actor could be dead.)
Why aren't they doing a better job with estate law? Drilling on South fork is either allowed or it's not, none of this swapping lawsuits stuff, depending on who owns it.

I wasn't impressed, but I figure I'll watch it a couple more times to get past the pilot-episode parts where they spend all their time presenting the basic setup and conflicts.

Maryn, who likes John Ross (it's more fun to be evil!)

Snowstorm
06-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Great questions, Maryn. I thought it was very distracting about some of this essential information, especially about this ?Anny? and why does she just sit and smile? I thought about reaching for the salt shaker to see what would happen.

CrastersBabies
06-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Maryn, I have no idea! I did not watch later seasons (nor did I watch the Bobby is dead, but not really season).

I don't know what happened to Pam in the show.

Okay, thank you Wiki....

Pam made a brief appearance in the 12th season premiere, with a different appearance due to plastic surgery (which also doubled as an explanation for Margaret Michaels portraying the role rather than Victoria Principal). She reveals to her brother Cliff that she is happy in her new life and plans to marry her doctor. Later, after Cliff leaves, her fiance asks why she didn't tell Cliff that she has a terminal disease and only has a year to live. Though this was the character's final appearance in the series, Pam has never been declared dead on the show.

So, Pam is dead. Still, there should be some mention of her. She was Bobby's first big love.

No idea about Cliff. He took over Ewing Oil apparently?

Didn't know who Ray was supposed to be with. I always liked him.

Let me see if I'm remembering this . . . Lucy was the daughter of Gary Ewing (middle son = black sheep) and some chick. Not the Knots Landing wife. Is that correct?

And I read this on the Dallas wiki...

In the fifth season, Bobby adopted a boy named Christopher, who was the son of J.R's deceased sister-in-law, Kristin Shepard. He also has a son named Lucas Krebbs from his relationship with Jenna Wade.

So, he has another son? Hmmm......

frimble3
06-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah. I wonder how more interesting it would be if they were flipped: Bobbie had the monster and JR had the good-two-shoes. :D
That would have been good! Much more range, conflict-wise.

K. Taylor
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
With Larry Hagman's death, the funeral episode for J.R. aired last night. I'll admit I went through 3 tissues. Last 7 eps of the season now have some big new mysteries.

aswiftsunset
03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm also one who never watched the original series (it ended before I was even born) but I have enjoyed the reboot a lot; it's one of my favourite shows. I admit, I was about to be in tears at JR's funeral when Sue Ellen was speaking.

K. Taylor
03-20-2013, 05:26 AM
TNT has released official descriptions for the next 3 eps:

March 25: “Guilt & Innocence” – Peace among the Ewings is threatened when catastrophe strikes and Christopher’s technology is believed to be the cause. As Bobby struggles to keep the family together, Sue Ellen reaches out to an old friend for help. Meanwhile, Pamela’s mother, Afton Cooper, returns to Dallas to take care of her daughter. And Emma is put in the middle of her father and grandmother’s relationship, pushing her closer to Drew, who’s wrestling with a dark secret.Written by Robert Rovner – Directed by Jesse Bochco –

April 1: “Let Me In” - A conspiracy emerges intent on keeping Christopher to blame for recent events and to cripple Ewing Energies. The Ewings’ investigation into this conspiracy brings revelations in line with J.R.’s masterpiece and introduces a new adversary into the mix. John Ross and Pamela bond as he helps her comes to terms with a personal issue just as Christopher and Elena’s relationship takes a turn. Meanwhile, Ryland makes a move against Drew to protect Emma. Written by Aaron Allen – Directed by Millicent Shelton

April 8: “A Call To Arms” - With the clock ticking in the wake of Cliff and Ryland putting Ewing Energies on the verge of collapse, the Ewings battle back with J.R.’s masterpiece to guide them. Christopher and John Ross attempt to bring Pamela into the fold by turning her against her father, but at the risk of alienating her completely. Meanwhile, Bobby is on the brink of exposing Ryland’s crimes as Emma and Drew’s relationship continues to fracture, and Christopher closes in on finding his mother. Written by Gail Gilchriest & Julia Cohen – Directed by Ken Topolsky

K. Taylor
03-28-2013, 03:53 AM
Can't believe they killed off both babies.

aswiftsunset
03-30-2013, 04:50 AM
I predicted it at the beginning of the episode. Sad.