Lollipop Chainsaw - anyone else play it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
Loved it, though I wish it were longer.

Gaming may not have its Orson Welles yet, but it sure as hell has its Quenton Tarrantino in the form of the brilliant/insane Suda51. The game was delightfully twisted, part hack and slash zombie game, part rock and roll tribute concert, part cheesy B-movie.

Has anyone else played it yet?

AnnikaHTDC

Registered
Reaction score
I had been really looking forward to this game for ages, but I've been a bit disappointed with it. I love the style and the sense of humour and the characters, but the gameplay just isn't doing it for me. Plus, there are too many quick time events, and I'm hopeless at those. I can never remember which button is where when I'm under pressure hehe.

Still, it's unique, which is always a good thing in this day and age where almost everything is a sequel or a reboot.

thekingsguard

Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com
I had been really looking forward to this game for ages, but I've been a bit disappointed with it. I love the style and the sense of humour and the characters, but the gameplay just isn't doing it for me. Plus, there are too many quick time events, and I'm hopeless at those. I can never remember which button is where when I'm under pressure hehe.

Still, it's unique, which is always a good thing in this day and age where almost everything is a sequel or a reboot.

I agree it wasn't perfect, and far, far too short, but overall I liked it. Plus, every penny spent was worth it once they had 'Heroes of our Time' play during the final boss fight.

JoshW

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.purevolume.com
Lollipop Chainsaw was great for what it was: stupid fun B-movie schlock. It's ironic and about as far over the top as a game can get, but that's Suda51's typical style. The final boss battle was awful though.

Gaming may not have its Orson Welles yet, but it sure as hell has its Quenton Tarrantino in the form of the brilliant/insane Suda51.

I almost feel like I should argue that Ken Levine might be gaming's Orson Welles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.