PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Beta for my MG book for boys please

collettejoanne
06-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi, I've written a book for middle grade boys. I have had the full manuscript requested from an agent in the past, but the feedback was that after a good start they felt there is too much going on. so I would love someone else to take a look at pacing, characters - pretty much everything really.
Many thanks,
Collette

meowzbark
06-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd recommend posting a word count, genre (MG I'm guessing), and a plot summary. It helps potential Betas decide if your book matches their interests.

Best of luck!

collettejoanne
06-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info.
The book is MG and 14,000 words

Tommy’s Vision

Synopsis
Tommy was worried about starting the new school term, especially now that he had been told by his optician Mr Fothergill that he had to wear glasses. He was particularly worried about his friends’ reaction to them.
Tommy needn’t have worried as his world was about to be suddenly transformed due to the magic powers of his new glasses. Ordinary everyday objects become living things and he develops the ability to see into the future. This skill is particularly useful when dealing with the school bully, Billy Beeston.
The book describes Tommy’s first week at school and how his confidence increases with the help of his glasses. At the end of the week Tommy’s confidence is so high that he boasts to his friends’ that he can dive off the top diving board at the swimming pool. It is only when he is standing on the top board that he realises he would have to take off his new glasses.
Hope that helps.
Thanks
Collette