PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Wal*Mart...

Lavern08
06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I was in there on Saturday (picking up a few items) and a Nun walked in.

What struck me as unusual was the fact that the Nun was wearing the normal habit thingy on her upper body, but she was also wearing...

kahki-colored, cargo-style BERMUDA SHORTS and sneakers.

I'm not sure if she was legit or just another one of those *Crazy Wal*Mart Characters*

I wanted to follow her to see what she was gonna purchase.

Fruit?

Veggies?

Wine for Communion?

Condoms and K-Y? (Probably not legit, right?) :Shrug:

Gotta admit, I was fascinated and curious, but I also had a couple pints of Haagen-Dazs, and it was a very hot day, so I didn't want my treat to thaw.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting - even for Wal*Mart.

Just sayin'

Williebee
06-12-2012, 08:58 PM
I was just after some duct tape.

Strap broke on the saddle bag on my Harley.

PorterStarrByrd
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
People look at me that way in Wal*mart too.

Silent Rob
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Haggis sighting!

KellyAssauer
06-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Simple Sister Sally gets things half right all the time (which explains her outfit) and Mother Superior had asked her to run down and pick up some Chinese Take-out...

Tepelus
06-13-2012, 05:15 PM
I saw Abraham Lincoln at Wal-Mart one time, a long time ago when I still lived in Michigan. Seriously, the dude looked exactly like ol' Abe dressed in a t-shirt and jeans.

BeatrixKiddo
06-14-2012, 06:49 AM
You say bermuda shorts as if that's a bad thing.

:D

Kerosene
06-14-2012, 06:53 AM
I like to talk to the old men greeting at the front. Some of those guys have good stories to tell.

GingerGunlock
06-14-2012, 08:45 AM
There are nuns in my area who are from a working farm Russian Orthodox monastery. They wear a normal (ish) black habit on their heads, and then button down denim dresses. The shorts, I have no explanation for!

Lavern08
06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
You say bermuda shorts as if that's a bad thing. :D

Nah, nothing wrong with bermuda shorts per se, it's just that I thought the reason for the whole habit and long, black dress thingy was because of a commitment to modesty...

...And while bermudas are pretty modest, it just struck me as odd to see a Nun's knees while she was wearing the habit thingy. :Shrug:

lorna_w
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I saw Abraham Lincoln at Wal-Mart one time, a long time ago when I still lived in Michigan. Seriously, the dude looked exactly like ol' Abe dressed in a t-shirt and jeans.

My ex looked like Lincoln, and he lived in Michigan once. Could have been him. (He, like Lincoln and bin Laden, had Marfan Syndrome.)

I tend not to dress up to go to WM. If I do ever, I'll remember my wimple.

Lavern08
06-18-2012, 08:22 PM
...Saw an acquaintance in there on Saturday, and she waved and yelled out loudly:" Happy Father's Day!"

Awkward.

All I could do was blush and say: Yeah, you too. :Shrug:

stormie
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I was in there on Saturday (picking up a few items) and a Nun walked in.

What struck me as unusual was the fact that the Nun was wearing the normal habit thingy on her upper body, but she was also wearing...

kahki-colored, cargo-style BERMUDA SHORTS and sneakers.

Maybe she was in the middle of kicking the habit?

<Groan>

Lavern08
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Maybe she was in the middle of kicking the habit?

<Groan>

:roll: