Status
Not open for further replies.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Preditors & Editors Readers' Poll is now open for ballots. You can vote for your favourite writer's discussion forum (might I recommend you choose AW?) here:

http://www.critters.org/predpoll/writerforum.shtml

(sorry if this has been posted elsewhere)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Awww, thanks, Unimportant! I'm gonna shuttle this thread over to Office Party, though, because it doesn't really apply to the Bewares & Background Check.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
nyah, nyah...beat ya to it. Ya'll are slow off the mark.:e2tongue:

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I voted! I voted!
Emotesnoopy.gif

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Aw, kick butt! I just went to vote, and found that someone nominated one of my articles in the "nonfiction articles" category. Thanks, whoever did that! Made my night. :)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Voted and voted, for AW and the article! Congrats, Jenna. ;)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Wow. I didn't realize there were so many writer's boards. This is the only one I knew of.

I can't, in good conscience, vote for this board since it is the only one I visit and have no reference to the others.

I will therefore, in order to be fair, go check out the other forums first. Then, and only then, will I cast my vote.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
JennaGlatzer said:
Aw, kick butt! I just went to vote, and found that someone nominated one of my articles in the "nonfiction articles" category. Thanks, whoever did that! Made my night. :)
Was that the one about overworked phrases? I added that one because I was so annoyed there were no articles from AW or from Writing-World listed. So I looked around and found a couple of other articles I liked. And to be completely honest :D, I thought it was the least I could do after nominating three of my own articles. :eek:

Your article has climbed ahead. And even better, it will probably climb ahead of that other article by someone else that I wasn't crazy about.
:e2woo:

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Done. Now I need to vote for Jenna's article...

(And check out the editor ballot, if you haven't already. Our own Lisa Abbate is nominated (Good Word))

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
AnneMarble said:
I thought it was the least I could do after nominating three of my own articles.

:D I am such a selfish twit that I didn't even notice that-- I saw my name and got all giddy. But seriously, vote for Anne! I got all the excitement I needed just by seeing that someone actually nominated something of mine. That felt very cool.

Anne, we'll have to concentrate our efforts on just one of your articles, though... you're competing against yourself!

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
JennaGlatzer said:
:D I am such a selfish twit that I didn't even notice that-- I saw my name and got all giddy. But seriously, vote for Anne! I got all the excitement I needed just by seeing that someone actually nominated something of mine. That felt very cool.

Anne, we'll have to concentrate our efforts on just one of your articles, though... you're competing against yourself!
Aww. But I don't know which ones are my best articles. Anyway, I probably should have nominated my article on the erotic romance market. At the very least, people would at least click the link to read it when they saw the "E" word. ;)

Besides, I'm a little ambivalent about the whole poll system because I know of a case where a book was nominated in a certain category as a joke, and the author's fans have pushed it to the top because they thought it was funny.
:Shrug:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Besides, I'm a little ambivalent about the whole poll system because I know of a case where a book was nominated in a certain category as a joke, and the author's fans have pushed it to the top because they thought it was funny.

Um...

I did note that Atlanta Nights was near the top of the polls in its category. (Haven't voted in that one yet.)

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeshanu said:
Um...

I did note that Atlanta Nights was near the top of the polls in its category. (Haven't voted in that one yet.)
No, not that novel. :)

This one is in the Romance category. And it's ... sort of a techno-thriller.

Status
Not open for further replies.