Suggest an offset printer that pleased you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perihelion

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all of you, I've been lurking about the site for months, but this is my first time posting, so greetings and Happy New Year.

I was initially very excited about the prospect of POD but quickly realized that it's inapropriate for high-quality color reproduction, thus I need a suggestion for a reasonably priced short-run offset. My project is a collection of biographies with full color painted portraits.

Before someone points me to it, I've seen the megalist of printers posted to the forum, but I was hoping someone with some first-hand experience could guide me right.

Thanks to any and all who can help...

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
My suggestion: Visit some printers near you, look at samples of their work, talk to their salesperson, and get quotes. Good printers will have plenty of samples of their work for you to to look at—as well as paper samples, etc.—and will be glad to talk with you.

Been there and done that.

CJLewis

Registered
Reaction score
Printer

Check out Thomson-Shore. They are offset and offer some of the best pricing I've seen. BookMasters is another possibility. They also offer distribution and fullfillment.

Status
Not open for further replies.