Is anyone else participating in Amazon Connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Richard said:
Hmm. Does that actually mail messages out to people, or only appear on the site?
If someone bought your book and comes back to Amazon.com later, they'll see a link on their main page. Everyone who looks at your book's page will see the message, too. I don't know if and when Amazon Connect will be available from amazon.co.uk.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
The brochure on this program was sent to me by our agent, who thought it looked interesting but didn't know if it was worth the price.

Did you just recently sign up for this, Joe, or have you been doing it for awhile? I'd like to get some feedback how whether you think it has value before I sign up for it. Can I ask how the pay structure works? Is it a "per click" deal or a monthly/annual fee? I couldn't find it in the data I received.

Thanks!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I should let akaEraser answer this himself, but you can go to the "What Fish Don't Want You to Know" page on Amazon and link to his 'connect blog' there.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Cathy C said:
The brochure on this program was sent to me by our agent, who thought it looked interesting but didn't know if it was worth the price.

Did you just recently sign up for this, Joe, or have you been doing it for awhile? I'd like to get some feedback how whether you think it has value before I sign up for it. Can I ask how the pay structure works? Is it a "per click" deal or a monthly/annual fee? I couldn't find it in the data I received.

Thanks!
Apparently, it don't cost nothin'.

I signed up before the very end of last year and once the publisher confirmed that I'm the author, I was able to start adding content to the book's page.

Now, if they start asking for money. . . ;)

maggie2

Registered
Reaction score
I went to the link Joe posted and read about it. They say it is free to authors, so apparently there's no cost. Sounds interesting. I'll sign up once my book is listed there.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
I read about this in the NY Times and immediately applied to Amazon. Now I'm waiting for my credits to be verified.

In the past I've had no luck at all with web sites and/or blogs. But maybe this will be different. I'd love to connect with my reader.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Just signed up. Got verified. And posted. ;)

I assume,though, that the messages only appear for those who have bought the book... yes? So what is the point precisely? I mean, those who haven't bought the book wouldn't see the messages. Those who have already bought the book probably won't go back to that page. The only benefit is probably for those authors who have multiple books -- to promote cross selling.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Signed up! Just waiting for the final verification (the small pubs were easy, so hopefully the large one won't take too long.)Off to set up my profile! :D

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo who! Just got verified. Now what?

I guess I have to post a profile.

So far I've been very unlucky in blogs. For instance, I have a website that nobody ever visits. Maybe this will get a few responses.

Reaction score
Always something good on this site and Maestro sems to find himself draped in it. Thanks for the enlightenment I was under the impression that this was a cost to the author item. Since it isn't, I guess I'll have to throw my hat in the ring.
maestrowork said:
Just signed up. Got verified. And posted.

I assume,though, that the messages only appear for those who have bought the book... yes? So what is the point precisely? I mean, those who haven't bought the book wouldn't see the messages. Those who have already bought the book probably won't go back to that page. The only benefit is probably for those authors who have multiple books -- to promote cross selling.

Ralyks

Untold stories inside
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.editorskylar.com
I signed up. One of my two books is verified. I've started the blog. It's free, so why not, but I don't see much of a point.

The post seem to appear regardless of whehter you have bought the book, but only appear if you are visiting the book page. This could potentially help with cross promotion. My friend said no such information appeared on the homepage though. What does Amazon mean when it says this post has been "sent" to people who bought the book?

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I just finished my first post to customers. I thought it would be a good forum to show the conferences we'll be attending where we'll be signing books. Encouraging them to bring along the ones they purchased at Amazon might help sales a bit if one of the conventions is close to them and they know they can get an autograph! (Hey, it can't hurt! ;) ) I embedded links to the conferences, so people can leap over and register if the mood suits them

I also added a recent award nomination of one of the books and a link to a radio interview we did.

Anyone have any other ideas of how to use the posts for cross-purposes? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I've always been of the mind that if I self-published, I'd use the Amazon marketplace to sell my book.. This just gives me more marketing tools if I still decide to go that route. Haven't used it yet, but anyway to increase your exposure's a great thing when you're trying to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.