amazon price higher than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
so i finally published on amazon, and i set the price at $4.99. but when i click on the book, it's listed at $6.99.

i seem to recall seeing a similar problem around here somewhere, so i guess it's common enough. but i couldn't find the right thread.

can anyone shed any light on this?

Deleted member 42

Did you use their royalty calculator to make sure your cover price covered Amazon's share?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeing it at $4.99?

J. Tanner

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjtanner.wordpress.com
You're likely in a surcharge zone without it own Amazon store. Kaitie is in the US (I assume) and so sees the set price.

Adds $2 to the price.

It's discussed at length on a site which some here have reservations about, but as far as I know the info shared in this article remains basically accurate excepting countries that got their own store in the interrim:
http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/...-back-the-growth-of-e-books-around-the-world/

robertbevan

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You're likely in a surcharge zone without it own Amazon store. Kaitie is in the US (I assume) and so sees the set price.

Adds $2 to the price.

It's discussed at length on a site which some here have reservations about, but as far as I know the info shared in this article remains basically accurate excepting countries that got their own store in the interrim:
http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/...-back-the-growth-of-e-books-around-the-world/

okay... i think this is the answer. that makes me feel a lot better. thanks a bunch.

and thank you kaitie for bothering to check it out for me.

and thanks for the reply, medievalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.