Heroin. $250k gets you how much?

Graz

Registered
Reaction score
Wholesale of course, not retail. Fit into a suitcase?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Question is vague.

Answer is, too.

Depends.

Wholesale? I imagine it would depend upon who the purchaser was, when they were making the purchase, where they were, and where they were in the chain.

There are suitcases and suitcases.

Do you have to be specific re the price and volume?

Googling and reading the press will give you as good a guide as any.

Last edited:

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
10 kilos of Mexican Brown, if the sources I looked at have it right. Less than that of China White, maybe ??half, or 5 kilos. If you have a soldier in Afghanistan with a way to smuggle it back, much cheaper there but plus transport (bribes, pilots, etc) costs. I do see some outlying prices in researching it, but the 25000/kilo seems commonly cited.

espresso5

Registered
Reaction score
It depends on purity, quantities purchased, transportation costs (it will cost much less at the source than in a destination city) and buyer/ seller relationship. It can range anywhere from 10k per kilo at the source for less pure heroin up to close to 200k per kilo for pure heroin that has made it through most of the choke points. I think going for the midpoint and saying you could pick up four or five kilos for 250k would be reasonable. This would easily fit in a small suitcase.

Graz

Registered
Reaction score
Good enough, thanks.

Snick

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
It also depende on who you are and how well the buyer and seller know each other. A trusted lon-term relationship is worth a lot, maybe 20%.