PDA

View Full Version : Did I just miss this Amazon feature?

EngineerTiger
05-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Hi all. While making my daily check of the BLACK KNIGHTS on Amazon, I clicked on the front cover of one of them unintentionally (well, the mouse was hovering over it, one of the furry ones made a mad dash across my lap, and I clicked reflexively).

Anyway, it brought up the "LOOK INSIDE PAGE". Just as I prepared to close it, I noticed that there was a reviewing link I have never noticed. Below the "Copyright", "Front Cover," "First Pages," and "Back Cover" with which I am familiar, it now lists at the bottom a link entitled "Surprise Me". Naturally curious about links (especially on one of my own books), I clicked it and it took me to two pages near the middle of the book. I clicked again and it took me to a couple of pages in the last quarter (around Chapter 21 and well past the Sample page range).

This appears to be for the PRINT copies only. The KINDLE versions still stop at the First few pages samples that they've always displayed.

Has anyone noticed this before?

amergina
05-30-2012, 03:32 AM
It's not a new feature. The "Surprise Me" selection for print books has been around for several years.

EngineerTiger
05-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Ah, just missed it then. Thanks for letting me know.

merrihiatt
05-30-2012, 06:01 AM
I like the "surprise me" option. I've used it quite often. It's been around quite a while.