Writer's circles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifex

Registered
Reaction score
I attend two writing circles, which meet weekly, whenever I am in Finland. The groups have all kinds of writers, anything from a beginner to a published author, we have many genres and we do writing exercises and group critiques. I find the writer's circles very helpful and inspiring.

I do get something similar from this forum, that is, meeting other writers, sharing and getting ideas, reading, giving some critique and so on, but I would still also like to find a writer's circle or a writing class in California, too. So far, I have not been able to find one near where I live. But it may be that I just haven't looked in the right places.

Is anyone a member of a writing circle or does anyone attend a writing class? How did you go about finding one? In case I can't find one, I was wondering if anyone has tried starting one and what goes into it? If there is not enough interest in the area, has anyone tried a virtual writer's circle? Do you think it might work?

arielky

Registered
Reaction score
The Opening with Andy Couturier

Artifax,

You might want to look at Andy Couturier's workshops and classes at The Opening, www.theopening.org.

I've taken two creative writing workshops and a class with Andy that were outstanding. His approach is writing from the subconscious.

He's offering classes in both Santa Cruz and Oakland, California.

Artifex

Registered
Reaction score
Artifax,

You might want to look at Andy Couturier's workshops and classes at The Opening, www.theopening.org.

I've taken two creative writing workshops and a class with Andy that were outstanding. His approach is writing from the subconscious.

He's offering classes in both Santa Cruz and Oakland, California.

Thanks for the tip! Actually Santa Cruz isn't terribly far away from me. I'll look into taking one of those courses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.