Adoption of Strays Stories

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
Awww. I remember hearing about this. Sad story.

My main knowledge of this sanctuary is that my local zoo has a couple of elephants that people think need to be sent there.

My puppy, while not a stray, was a CraigsList puppy. I had been looking for an adult dog to adopt through a rescue group, but no one would adopt to me - apparently there was an issue with me being single and working 40 hours a week. So, I turned to CraigsList.

I found this person who was asking $40 for this puppy she was trying to house for a friend. He was 12 weeks old, and she was the third caretaker he'd had - the story goes that a 17 year old took him home from the breeder and was told by her step mother "Absolutely not!" So, the kid gave him to the second person. After a couple of weeks, this person decided that between living in a small apartment and already having two other dogs, it was just too much, so she gave him to the person I got him from.

The first walk I took him on was priceless... he hopped the entire way, barking and wagging his tail with each step.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/gerbiljulie/DSCF9305.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a cutie:)

My story is on the site

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine