Guest Posting and Etiquette

Damian_Rucci

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just began to start taking blogging serious again and I almost have 100 posts. My question is about guest posting. How do you go about guest posting? Do you just find an interesting blog in your niche and email them?

Anyone have any experience in this?

starbirdy66

Writely Applied
Registered
Reaction score
Website
videsantis.writelyapplied.com
The best way I've found over the years is to build relationships with other bloggers in your niche. Find the blogs you like, share feedback on post comments and build a relationship. Offer to exchange links, post about their site on your blog, notify them that they were mentioned. If they are receptive and an active blogger paying attention to their comments and responding when you correspond with them then guest blogging between sites is a good next step.

There are places where bloggers can find guest bloggers or offer to be guest bloggers as well. I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

I stray away from contacts from bloggers who want to guest post just to get a linkback, without building a relationship as it would just seem like spam to me.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
You can post here asking for guest bloggers - just start a thread in the social blogging forum.

And yes, find people who you have some knowledge of, respect for and post things you like and get to know people first. Also, I generally consider it polite to return the favour - they guest blog for you and you guest blog for them.

Also, join the blog chain threads on here for a great way to build lots of blogger links...