• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a long-term YA fantasy writing Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ.Wolfe

Close your eyes and jump
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to this site, but I'm not new to writing. I have been an aspiring novelist for the last two years, and have been dabbling for even longer. This year started my Bachelor of Creative Writing at uni, of which I am half-way through my first year.

Basically I have an issue with motivation. I can't seem to get things done off my own commitment. My inner critique is the older sister of Maleficent's, and taught her all her tricks. So you can imagine how disheartened I get when she starts on any of my stories :p

I feel I would work so much better with a long-term body to swap stories with, set deadlines with, beta-read and so on. Preferably with someone who is just starting out on a story/novel that they are serious about and are hoping to get published - like me. I write YA, fantasy and I am hoping for a writer buddy who works in the same genre, but I'm fairly open-minded so I am flexible on that topic.

I'm fairly familiar with plot, scene, setting, gravitas, character, and so on. I'm a stickler for grammar, so I notice that fairly easily. I'm not as big on spelling, but I usually pick up on it in other people's works or when re-reading my own. I don't tend to be a harsh critique, but if that's what you feel you need, then I have no problems playing that role. I can use track changes, or I can write on a separate doc/paper. As I said, I'm not a harsh critique, I'll give you my opinion on something if I think it would read better a different way, but I will leave the ultimate decision up to you. On the other hand I will also tell you if something works really well.

If anyone is interested, please don't hesitate to respond here, or PM me. We'll have a chat and see if we're suited to each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.