• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Blair Partnership

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Blair Partnership? I just received a full request.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can you provide a website url?

AllieS08

Registered
Reaction score
I received a full request in March, but haven't heard anything since. The woman who I dealt with was very nice and wonderfully helpful, though.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Their website says to send ten pages along with a cover letter -- does anyone know if these ten pages are to be attached or embedded?

Thanks.

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
Their website says to send ten pages along with a cover letter -- does anyone know if these ten pages are to be attached or embedded?

Thanks.

I embedded mine and approx. 2 months later got a full request.

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Good luck! -- Just so you know, Richard- when they asked for the full, they also requested a chapter-by-chapter breakdown synopsis of all the important things that happen in each chapter. I hadn't come across that in my requests before (only the short 1-2 page synopsis for those that had asked for one), so maybe it's something you want to put together if you don't have one.

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
I've checked the website, but could find no information on submitting.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I sent them a sample chapter and my synopsis two weeks ago (not knowing what they ask for) and they got back asking for the first three chapters and a breakdown.

I pretty much sent them the same thing with the exception of chapter two and three. I figure my synopsis which is 2 and a half pages is the breakdown (beginning, middle and end) and in good detail of the novel. I hope that was okay.

I'm wondering since I sent the first chapter and the syn. why they didn't just request the full. Would anyone know why that is?

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
Do you address the query to a particular agent? Hard to tell from the website.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
No, they just said "we" would be interested in seeing the first three chapters and breakdown thing. It was Liz from the submission department, but I figure when they say "we" there will be a few of them looking at it.

The only new thing they're seeing is chap. 2 and 3. Unless they wanted a more detail breakdown then what I had for my synopsis. If that's the case, why not just give the full a try? Ya know?

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
No, they just said "we" would be interested in seeing the first three chapters and breakdown thing. It was Liz from the submission department, but I figure when they say "we" there will be a few of them looking at it.

The only new thing they're seeing is chap. 2 and 3. Unless they wanted a more detail breakdown then what I had for my synopsis. If that's the case, why not just give the full a try? Ya know?

Fingers crossed for you :)

Were you able to submit requested material by email, or did they ask for hard copy to be snailed?

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
Email-- and for mine, I addressed it to Mr. Blair since he seemed to be the one person with the specific title of literary agent at the agency.

AllieS08

Registered
Reaction score
For my chapter breakdown, I went all out and wrote a sizable paragraph for each chapter indicating the main things that happen in them. It ended up being several pages, but I figured I should play is safe and give them too detailed rather than not enough detail that they wanted.

I also addressed my query to Mr. Blair and heard back from Liz, who I believe is the person primarily in charge of the slush.

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
Received a request back from Liz for the full, plus a chapter breakdown. I had mentioned in the query letter that I was presently at work on another novel and interestingly, she asked to see a synopsis of it as well, even though I explained that it was unfinished and unrelated to the other work.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
They requested the first three chapters and a breakdown, like I mentioned. June 1st I sent it and by the 19th, I recieved an email with their decline. They gave me a nice detailed message why and complimented me on my work.

It was actually a nice rejection. Very professional and I liked the fact I knew why they were passing on it.

Good Luck to everyone else in the thread, hopefully you guys will have better luck!

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
They requested the first three chapters and a breakdown, like I mentioned. June 1st I sent it and by the 19th, I recieved an email with their decline. They gave me a nice detailed message why and complimented me on my work.

It was actually a nice rejection. Very professional and I liked the fact I knew why they were passing on it.

Good Luck to everyone else in the thread, hopefully you guys will have better luck!

Thanks for sharing! That's great that they gave you specifics. Good luck as you continue to query!

JohnMaravich

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting

Hello. Been following this thread for a bit and thought I'd share my situation. I've been waiting two months on a response for an exclusive full from TBP...should I wait three months to contact them, because after I sent the requested full, I've yet to receive a response that says they got it. I emailed them a week ago simply to ask if they had gotten the material, but no response yet.

I absolutely love everything I've read about Blair, and Liz has been kind and receptive. Should I wait three months and then email again?

MaraudingDon

Searching for Arthur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
musingsofapennilesswriter.blogspot.com.au
Hello. Been following this thread for a bit and thought I'd share my situation. I've been waiting two months on a response for an exclusive full from TBP...should I wait three months to contact them, because after I sent the requested full, I've yet to receive a response that says they got it. I emailed them a week ago simply to ask if they had gotten the material, but no response yet.

I absolutely love everything I've read about Blair, and Liz has been kind and receptive. Should I wait three months and then email again?

Just my opinion but months on an exclusive is just wrong. Look after your own interests and start querying other agents. It can take months and months for them to read it so don't worry about chasing them up, but you clearly have a great ms and you need to get it out there :)

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query and the first 10 pages + synopsis this morning and when I checked my email at lunchtime (8:20pm- I'm a second shifter), there was a request for a full from Zoe. Just sent it off!