• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta for 70k YA supernatural thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I think the title sums it up. It's 70K, first person present. Some cursing, some sex, and a few drug references.

First 1K words are here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7280638&postcount=59

I dont need line edits or anything, my agent does those. I just want impressions about the plot, the characters and things like glaring plot holes, unbelievable whatever.

Willing to swap. I Critiqued for Crits 4 Water so I'm very well versed in whatever type of crit you're looking for. I'll read up to 80k, but would like to read a sample first.

Thanks!

Last edited:

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I am not confident in my ability to be a true beta reader, but just wanted to say that I clicked over and read the first 1k words and really enjoyed it!

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score

ETA: since it's only 20k, I'm not looking for anything in depth. Just general impressions, as no one has read the story (or even a summary or outline) yet.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Well, I could do general impression, if that's all you're after! I'm actually really interested to see where it's going :D

You said you would be willing to do a swap? I have an ~18k YA piece that I'd love another set of eyes on. General impression would be great.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Bump because I now need a Beta for the full MS. ugh that it took me four months! Anyway, PM me or reply here :)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just finishing up a beta read (should be done after the weekend), but after that I'd be happy to have a read of your ms. No swap needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.