PDA

View Full Version : Need Beta for 70k YA supernatural thingy

missesdash
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I think the title sums it up. It's 70K, first person present. Some cursing, some sex, and a few drug references.

First 1K words are here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7280638&postcount=59

I dont need line edits or anything, my agent does those. I just want impressions about the plot, the characters and things like glaring plot holes, unbelievable whatever.

Willing to swap. I Critiqued for Crits 4 Water so I'm very well versed in whatever type of crit you're looking for. I'll read up to 80k, but would like to read a sample first.

Thanks!

justbishop
05-17-2012, 10:34 PM
I am not confident in my ability to be a true beta reader, but just wanted to say that I clicked over and read the first 1k words and really enjoyed it!

missesdash
05-17-2012, 10:40 PM

ETA: since it's only 20k, I'm not looking for anything in depth. Just general impressions, as no one has read the story (or even a summary or outline) yet.

justbishop
05-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, I could do general impression, if that's all you're after! I'm actually really interested to see where it's going :D

You said you would be willing to do a swap? I have an ~18k YA piece that I'd love another set of eyes on. General impression would be great.

missesdash
09-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Bump because I now need a Beta for the full MS. ugh that it took me four months! Anyway, PM me or reply here :)

Unimportant
09-12-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm just finishing up a beta read (should be done after the weekend), but after that I'd be happy to have a read of your ms. No swap needed.