• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need betas for 107K YA Horror/Thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm looking for some betas for Riot, my 107K word YA thriller/horror/dystopian/whatever. (I've been having a bit of trouble classifying it.) I have no preference for editing style, no deadline, so if you feel you'd like to take a look, PM me. :)

Here's the pitch:

When the town of Green Cliff’s twisted laws to “protect children” drive his brother to suicide, Tom Bourque wants answers—and vengeance.

Tired of the curfew, tracking bUgz, and teachers’ beatings, Tom teams up with best friend and abuse victim, Chris Porter. Together, they hatch a plan for a riot to let the anger the adults created be their undoing. For Tom, the riot means saving his friends from his brother’s fate. Maybe then the guilt-ridden dreams will finally stop.

From pranks, to stealing, to terrorism, Tom discovers being bad is terribly addictive. But he sobers up fast when a dead infant leads Chris to murder. Trapped between shades of evil, Tom must stop Chris’s army of wayward youth before more people needlessly die, but Chris refuses to let Tom destroy his life’s dream. He offers Tom a choice: stand down, or watch your friends die, one by one.

Too bad Tom’s never been good at giving up.

Fight Club meets The Outsiders in RIOT, a 107 000 word young adult horror novel.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I read this query in QLH and I just wanted to say I thought it was a thriller :) Good luck finding betas!

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll give it a look. The story sounds very interesting. I've never read or seen Fight Club, but I enjoyed the Outsiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.