threesome stories

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I have a few partial stories relating to threesomes. I was wondering if amyone had some thoughts about the markets for this kind of short story? (Menage romance with explicit erotica).

The few examples I have come across were written for women with two men focussed on the heroine. My stories also concern male-male-female groupings but with a more equal weighting and homosexual emphasis, perhaps a little voyeuristic in the beginning.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
Coincidently, I have a threesome novel released today. It's M/M/F, but the primary relationship is M/M, with the heroine falling in love with both of them. Shoot, the beginning of the novel is my heroine watching the two men have hot sex through the window like some sort of creepy stalker...But you could hardly blame the girl, they WERE teasing her...

Anyway, Liquid Silver Books published my novel, but since it was just released today, I don't have any reviews or sales figures to let me know how receptive the readers are to it.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
So if you pick up a threeway story with one woman and two guysm would you 'expect' at least some guy on guy action?

pepperlandgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I'd definitely expect m/m action in a m/m/f story.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in hearing more about your new book, pepperlandgirl, especially whether or not it's 'romantic' or more straight (and I use the term loosely!) erotica.

There's an MMF sitting on my hard drive, a happily married couple which adds another guy. First time I tried to market it, there wasn't a market, at least not that I could find. A few years later I looked into e-markets, but it was too 'hard' (explicit) for the ones I queried.

By now, the real people would be sagging and greying, you know? But maybe there's hope for it yet, since they're frozen in time.

Maryn, thanking you in advance

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
My own MMF is down the other end, almost no erotic content and so no good for erotic romance markets. Looks like epublishers are still the most likely market for it... but only after I finish the rewrite and thoprough editing and fixing (damn Nano).

pepperlandgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Maryn said:
I'd be interested in hearing more about your new book, pepperlandgirl, especially whether or not it's 'romantic' or more straight (and I use the term loosely!) erotica.

There's an MMF sitting on my hard drive, a happily married couple which adds another guy. First time I tried to market it, there wasn't a market, at least not that I could find. A few years later I looked into e-markets, but it was too 'hard' (explicit) for the ones I queried.

By now, the real people would be sagging and greying, you know? But maybe there's hope for it yet, since they're frozen in time.

Maryn, thanking you in advance

Oh, there's definitely a market for it now. I can think of three epublishers off the top of my head who could provide a home for it, and probably another 3 or 4 that would be worth querying.

"The Zebra Wore Fishnets" is very explicit--very, very explicit (including M/M and F/F). And there's a lot of sex, but it's not "straight" erotica. The growing relationship between the three is very important--there literally wouldn't be a story without it.

If you have something that's very hardcore, I'd suggest starting with Ellora's Cave (though be aware that it takes 3-5 months to get a reponse on a partial submission), Whiskey Creek Press Torrid (very nice group of people over there). If it's explicit *and* has a strong romance, then try Liquid Silver Books.

veinglory, Samhain might be a good fit. They accept genres outside of erotica romance.