Frederic Remington photographs

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I know there are a ridiculous number of editions of books containing the Remington paintings, but I was wondering if there was a definitive edition out there - I'm looking for a collection (preferably in hardback, though I would get a paperback if that was the only option) which has large pages (a nice coffee table book) which isn't half-filled with text. It's the images I want especially, but a lot of the links I have found don't specify page size, and I don't want to order numerous books in the hope that one of them would make a good gift. Cost of the title is irrelevant, it's the content I am really focused on.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Another option is to look for the website of the Cody Museum of Western Art in Cody, Wyoming and see what books they list for sale on Remington. Puma

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The Buffalo Bill Historical Center (I think that is the one you mean) has a rather sparse book section - and what is there isn't as spectacular as I thought. The Sophai Craze book on Remington is what I mean when the books I have come across are sparse - I've been hunting for something more substantial than 112 pages. I'm sure there must be a boxed volume of books somewhere with everything, all the paintings, the photographs, illustrations, the bronzes, collected in one place...

When I went looking I initially thought of the big names in art books. I know they've produced some excellent titles (I have a bunch of them) but I simply cannot look at the Taschen website because it's so ugly. *sigh* This is what I get for forgetting birthdays... "Please forgive me" presents should be a book category of its' own.