Getting Closer!

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to share this because I'm SO excited and because people in my "real" life don't yet know. I tend not to tell family and friends about requests because we all know how unpredictable the outcomes can be and those on the "outside world" don't always fully understand how it works. This is the biggest thing that has happened in my writing career to date, as I currently have two fulls and 1 partial requested with three top agencies!
Full Request- WME!
Partial Request- Curtis Brown!
Full Request after a partial- Harvey Klinger!
:D

I'm thrilled! It's a real honor just to have these agents interested enough to even want to read the material. It's So exciting but also butterfly-producing to know that representation could be offered at any time because of the fulls! It's also comforting to know that everything isn't tied up into one request. I've been querying for awhile now and with a couple of different projects. I always got enthusiasm, telling me I write very well, that I'm talented etc but just "I'm just not the right agent for this" or "I don't feel I know the right contacts for this" etc. So, I'm beyond thrilled and hoping to be able to soon say MY agent!
By the way-- those other agents who passed in the past were much smaller than these requests. I read somewhere that if you're told no, you haven't asked big enough. I definitely feel that's true here!
Good luck to everyone!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! Hope you have even more good news to celebrate soon!