• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Fresh eyes for a first chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethMac

Saying the Serenity Prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Need a beta for a first chapter - 10 pages. Will trade first chapters. The sooner the better. I could do today. Not really wanting to post in SYW.
Any takers PM me or reply on this thread.

Here's the query.

Fifteen-year-old Jade Irving needs to get rid of Lacey. She can’t move into Fair-Ever with a ghost lurking around every corner, going from weepy to freaky in two seconds flat. If only her mother and Dr. Pookie Bear would break up before the wedding, Jade would be spared the horror of living in his trophy home in downtown Nantucket.

Making matters worse are the perfect storm of step brothers—Cody and Brendan. Living with them should be about as much fun as sticking toothpicks under her finger nails. Cody turns out to be not so bad though. Not so bad and sort of gorgeous. Unfortunately, he hears Jade screaming from across the hall every night. Being attacked by a ghost isn’t exactly sexy but a shirtless Cody coming to help definitely is.

When Cody gets suspicious about her nightmares, Jade spills her secret to him. Together, they search for answers to the haunting. They dig into the history of Fair-Ever and uncover a whaling era scandal that rocked the island back in the day and trapped Lacey in limbo. With what they’ve learned, banishing Lacey seems like their only option. It all goes terribly wrong, though, when Lacey possesses Jade. Cody and Jade must find a way to free Jade from Lacey before she’s declared insane or lost forever to the relentless spirit.

JADE AND THE GHOST OF FAIR-EVER is a 55,000-word Young Adult novel with series potential. It’s part contemporary romance, part paranormal mystery with a bi-racial narrator and could be pitched as Meg Cabot’s Mediator series meets Elin Hildebrand’s Nantucket.

Thanks

Bulletproof

live every week like it' shark week
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I can do it today, no swap necessary.

BethMac

Registered
Reaction score
Great! PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
thanks!

I survived

Registered
Reaction score
If you need another one I could do it tomorrow. I'll swap you chapter 1 of mine which is a fictionalized memoir approx. 2200 words.

BethMac

Registered
Reaction score
If you need another one I could do it tomorrow. I'll swap you chapter 1 of mine which is a fictionalized memoir approx. 2200 words.

I'd love to. I'll PM you my email.

BethMac

Registered
Reaction score
I'll take a look for you. :) No trade. Just busy procrastinating.

Great !
PM me your email and I'll send it later when I get home.
Thanks

YAreaderwriter

The voice of the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Beth, do you still need someone? I could do it today and swap? anyone else want to take a look too ;)

I survived

Registered
Reaction score
I'll swap with you

I'll be glad to swap my chapter 2 with you. Send me a pm with your e-mail if you're still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.