PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Willing to Beta YA Fantasy WITHOUT a Swap!

Monnrella
05-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and well below my 50-post SYW limit (and I don't plan on being a drive-by poster), so I thought I'd offer up beta services as a way of giving back to the community in advance. I am interested in reading YA fantasy only, and I've got a very keen proofreading eye. I can spot pretty much any grammatical, punctuation, spelling, or even spacing error. I'd love to read your polished 80,000k or less YA fantasy novel for content/plot/general picture/characterization/stuff like that. You just tell me what you're looking for (as long as it's not line-by-line editing). My forte is dialogue, so if you need help with that, I'd love to help out!

Just PM me if interested! I can turn it around within a week or two, if not sooner.

Thanks!
~Monnrella

Maryn
05-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Oh, I've got good vibes coming from you already. Hurry up, people. Offers this good may not last.

Maryn, smiling (see the dimple?)

Violeta
05-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Maryn, smiling (see the dimple?)

LOL :ROFL:

And here I am, without nothing to send out to be read. *facepalm*

Anyway, Monnrella, thanks for
the offer! It's very nice of you. :Sun:

Monnrella
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
LOL :ROFL:

And here I am, without nothing to send out to be read. *facepalm*

Anyway, Monnrella, thanks for
the offer! It's very nice of you. :Sun:

I plan on being around for awhile, Violeta! As soon as you finish your work of art, PM me :)

Also, everyone, I have a project right now (a fun one from geagar), so I'm closed to others for the moment. Thank you!

Monnrella
05-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm available again!

geagar
05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks Monnrella

Wonderful critic, I now have much work to do. I am indebted to you.

Parametric
05-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Did you really beta-read a full-length novel in the space of five hours? :eek: Damn. You're good.

Monnrella
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks Monnrella

Wonderful critic, I now have much work to do. I am indebted to you.

Very happy to do it. It was my pleasure. Thank you for sharing Angelica and her world and story with me.

And yup...five hours :) Fast reader and commenter!

Mustafa
05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Very happy to do it. It was my pleasure. Thank you for sharing Angelica and her world and story with me.

And yup...five hours :) Fast reader and commenter!

You're a machine!

Monnrella
05-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm closed again. I've got two great projects in store for me. Exciting day ahead!

Thanks to everyone who submitted :)

~Monnrella

Mustafa
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
exciting DAY ahead? Dude, I am seriously impressed! I had a friend that didn't know he was a speed reader. He thought it normal that he could read novels in a couple hours. Thought everyone could do that. I'm just curious becuase I've tried to take courses in speed reading, and I never get any traction. Do you have a secret for being a quick reader? My life would be so much more enjoyable if I could double my current speed: which is right now, generally, 10K words an hour.

Monnrella
05-11-2012, 07:34 PM
exciting DAY ahead? Dude, I am seriously impressed! I had a friend that didn't know he was a speed reader. He thought it normal that he could read novels in a couple hours. Thought everyone could do that. I'm just curious becuase I've tried to take courses in speed reading, and I never get any traction. Do you have a secret for being a quick reader? My life would be so much more enjoyable if I could double my current speed: which is right now, generally, 10K words an hour.

Well, I don't think I'll quite be able to finish today ;)