E-Pub Crazy Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCedonia

Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to e-publish a short story. I'm nervous as heck and want how everybody else handled e-publishing.

Did you ever take part of crazy behavior?

How emotionally stable were you?

Did you feel like you were leaving your baby for the wolves?

I could happily hide under my desk.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Crazy behavior? Like checking sales stats every ten minutes and viewing the book page on Amazon just so it feels real? Me, never. Ha! The obsessiveness fades with time.

MichelleJean

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing it as well!

I need to find some beta readers and get a cover designed, and then - onto the insanity.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to e-publish a short story. I'm nervous as heck and want how everybody else handled e-publishing.

Did you ever take part of crazy behavior?

How emotionally stable were you?

Did you feel like you were leaving your baby for the wolves?

I could happily hide under my desk.

Try the self-publishing sub forum where there are many experienced people around who have been through the process. Some offer really good advice.

Good luck.

JCedonia

Registered
Reaction score
merrihiatt said:
Crazy behavior? Like checking sales stats every ten minutes and viewing the book page on Amazon just so it feels real? Me, never. Ha! The obsessiveness fades with time.

It's not released so I'm not there yet, but now I know what I'll be doing.

MichelleJean said:
I'm in the process of doing it as well!

I need to find some beta readers and get a cover designed, and then - onto the insanity.

Wanna team up?

brainstorm77 said:
Try the self-publishing sub forum where there are many experienced people around who have been through the process. Some offer really good advice.

Good luck.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

JCedonia

Registered
Reaction score
Great! What do you write?

My story's a somewhat humorous (more like snarky) vampire story. It's a short story, last word count was nearly 5k.

Pearl

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be uploading my book by the end of June, and already I'm getting nervous. I know I will be obsessing over the stats and analyzing everything to death, because that's just me. Also, its my first published book, the first time I've written a novel, so naturally I will be a nervous wreck. Even with the critiques of a writer's group and having an editor work my MS starting next week, I'll be so insecure about my book. It's times like these that yoga, self-help and deep breathing come in handy.

JCedonia

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be uploading my book by the end of June, and already I'm getting nervous. I know I will be obsessing over the stats and analyzing everything to death, because that's just me. Also, its my first published book, the first time I've written a novel, so naturally I will be a nervous wreck. Even with the critiques of a writer's group and having an editor work my MS starting next week, I'll be so insecure about my book. It's times like these that yoga, self-help and deep breathing come in handy.

I think we need a first-timers support group.

Hi my name is (insert name here). I'm a first-timey.

Group: Hello (insert name here).

Group Leader: What brought you here?

Status
Not open for further replies.