writer's "diary"

denja

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to make a thread about sports and fans but I didn´t notice that here is already a sport thread so I´ve changed it and here you can write about your hobbies, interests and everything you want to tell you can write here, it´s " free thread" - everything what´s on you mind you can write here (like a diary) and when you´ll come back to this thread after some time, you can read it, it´ll be funny so write here about everyday life! nice day to all

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going to get some frozen yogurt.

It's a long drive, but I really want some coconut yogurt.

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
Sunshine is awesome and it's finally here. 'Course, it's the Pacific Northwest so it won't last. Gotta soak it up while I can. How can something so glorious cause cancer?

Tried a new ice cream flavor: Irish Chocolate Espresso Walnut. Deelish. Oxymoron: bad ice cream.

Miss my ex-wife.

Still have a few hanging queries. Almost time to write them off. Hard to process what I'm doing wrong. Oh well, better start a new novel; maybe that'll be the one.

Read the first two chapters of Fifty Shades of Grey on Amazon, compounding my puzzlement that I can't land an agent.

Think I'll skip dinner and have some more ice cream.

:D

Lyx

denja

Registered
Reaction score
yes! very good, that´s what I´ve imagined, ok let´s go and continue!
well, I am working on my first big cross-stitch embroidery, it´s hard work but I love it, now interested in World Ice Hockey Championships and trying to find some part-time job for summer altough it´s not easy:Shrug:

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
At work. Making self proud with multitasking abilities. *grins and pats self on back* Pondering story, then lunch... rinse and repeat...

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Raked garden. Dug around sage. Worried the rhubarb. Wanted to curl up in sun in the soft, fluffy dirt. Should have been born a pussycat.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Drinking coffee and eating strawberries.

Not sure if it gets much better than this.

...ohhh, except I need ice cream. And maybe some chocolate. And some whipped cream...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a really fresh and delicious salad for lunch - Followed by an over-ripe banana (for dessert).

Not a good combination.

I feel nauseous now :(

Yasaibatake

is her own imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished giving a presentation in my sociology class. The assignment was "minimum one half-hour, no maximum limit, topic of your choice". I did the history of the Muslim-French culture clash and talked for the entire class meeting (four hours). Could have gone longer, to be honest. My professor said it was "astoundingly good" but I needed to "cut out details for time". It's not my fault history's so interesting...

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished giving a presentation in my sociology class. The assignment was "minimum one half-hour, no maximum limit, topic of your choice". I did the history of the Muslim-French culture clash and talked for the entire class meeting (four hours). Could have gone longer, to be honest. My professor said it was "astoundingly good" but I needed to "cut out details for time". It's not my fault history's so interesting...
Woo hoo. Nice job.

History's a beotch but you seem to dig it so kudos to you.

Lyx

denja

Registered
Reaction score
You must be an PNW'er as well?

Lyx

No, I am from Europe, but my stories are based in Pacific Northwest, although I´ve never been there. Strange I know but I am really fascinated by PNW. I hope I´ll go there sometimes...

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
i'm showing my first hour spanish class a movie--baja la misma luna. it is in spanish but subtitled in english. i had misgivings because the class is all boys, mainly jocks and rebels, but they are caught up in the story. it's about a little mexican boy who enters the us illegally to find his parents. good movie and funny to see how soft hearted these macho clowns of mine really are--s6

denja

Registered
Reaction score
these days I am very melancholic...do you often have melancholic days or something like that?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just took an online personality test for a part-time job I applied for. (Registered Nurse) Many of the questions were as follows:

1. Is it okay to sell illegal drugs to your co-workers as long as it doesn't effect their job performace?

a.) Yes, it is okay.
b.) Yes, it is okay but illegal drugs should not be sold while at work.
c.) I don't have an opinion on this matter.
d.) No, selling illegal drugs is not okay, but giving them away is.
e.) It is not okay to supply illegal drugs to my co-workers at any time or under any circumstances.

2.) Under what circumstances is it appropriate to steal supplies from your employer?

a.) Only if I have been underpaid.
b.) Only if I take what is needed.
c.) I don't have an opinion on this matter.
d.) The stolen supplies are given to charitable organization.
e.) It is never appropriate to steal supplies from my employer.

3. Which of the following best describes you.

a.) I am aggressive and like to make others bend to my will.
b.) I am quiet and avoid confrontation whenever possible.
c.) I am lazy but will work when I have to.
d.) I don't have an opinion on this matter.
e.) It takes a lot to make me angry.

WTF?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I must admit, I found it very tempting to fail deliberately. The test was sixty questions long, mostly the same questions with different phrasing.

They should have had this question:

1.) Which of these statements best describes your feelings about this test?

a.) I think it's cool you guys are so down with illegal drug use.
b.) Finally, an employer who understands that I can't pay my bills without selling drugs and stealing copy paper.
c. ) Is this a trick question?
d.) I don't have an opinion on this matter.
e. ) You just wasted 30 minutes of my life.