The four greatest words

mreilly19

Registered
Reaction score
"I'm writing a book."

Just last week I decided the short story which had become a novella was going to be a bona fide novel. I have many ideas for my characters and like them so much I don't want to let them go, so they're good for another 80K or 100K words.

I realize bragging about writing a book doesn't mean squat if the book isn't actually written, but it still feels kind of cool to talk about it; I always wanted to be a bona fide writer but work in IT and only recently got back into the habit. I went to a party today and had a long conversation with a book enthusiast about my novel. I'd previously planned on just writing the book and then releasing it to friends and family (and still do, via Facebook, to announce I've done it and offer it to them for free) as a surprise. But there's something awesome about finally getting it done that it's impossible not to talk about it with people...

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Hey, good luck, mreilly19!

I turned a short story of mine into a novel. (It's on the short side at 60K, but I'm hoping to have it epubbed.)

One thing about adapting a short story -- at least you know how it begins and ends. :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Strange... I thought the four greatest words were "free drinks for everyone".

Maybe its' a newbie thing. :D