Time for a new cat.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
It took me a little over a year but I have finally been able to come to terms with the death of my cat, Shelby. My grief has eased enough that I am now able to offer a good home to another cat.

I started searching the local shelters today but I have a slight problem, I want all of them.

I am excited about the thought of getting another cat. Shelby still visits me in my dreams. Now, when I wake from having had a dream of her, I no longer feel a deep sadness. Now, I feel happy to have spent time with her even if only in my slumber.

I can't wait to invite another into my home.

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
Oh Yea for you Gehanna! Just go in and pickthe one that chooses you! have fun and enjoy!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
So much for keeping this a secret from my children. I told them today about the cats. They are very excited and so am I.

We will be going to get them tomorrow. :D

One of my favorite cat artists is Charles Wysocki. I am thinking of purchasing his 2006 wall calendar called Cat Tales.

It is beautiful.

I almost feel sorry for my dog. He thinks he's the master of the house *laughs* ... so much for that when the cats move in.

Sincerely,
psy7ven

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
e2cat.gif
Meow

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
It's kitty gettin' day!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I am now the proud caretaker of Madison :e2cat: and Schaffer :e2cat:.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Madison is an adult, female, long hair - light grey cat who has already been spayed. She is approximately 2 years old. Her story is that she was pregnant and dumped at an elderly lady's home. The lady allowed Madison to have her kittens and then this lady found a home for each kitten but no one wanted Madison. Eventually, Madison was turned over to the Humane Society.

Now, Madison lives with us because someone did want her - us! She is a beautiful lap cat and she is perfect for when I am working at the computer. It didn't take her long to adjust to being here. As soon as we opened the door to her carrier, she exited, made a few rounds throughout the house and immediately resumed her *Pet me now. You know you want to.* behavior.

Schaffer is an adult, male, medium hair - black and brown cat who has already been neutered. He is also approximately 2 years old. His story is that he was rescued from an environment where he did not receive proper care. That's all I know of his history.

Now, Schaffer lives with us and you can bet he'll get proper care and lots of love. Despite having come from a negligent environment, he has a great personality. He is much more cautious than Madison and has been patrolling the house.

Our dog, Shane, he's afraid of the cats. He just wants to watch them from afar. When they get close to him he freaks out and runs away.

As for our Houdini Hamster, it's anyone's guess what may become of him should he ever escape again. Currently, he's living in a cage that I check daily for any evidence of escape attempts.

We're just one big furry family.

psy7ven[/size][/font]

Reece10

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on getting Madison and Schaffer.

I waited for 6 months before my daughters finally convinced me to get another cat - they chose a kitten who is now almost 2 years old, and we couldn't love her more!

Reece

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
They sound wonderful! I'm happy for you all. :)

Poor Shane, I really hope he adjusts soon--his world has been rocked and he needs lots of luv. As for Houdini Hamster, I hope he stays safe!