An apology of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.r.p.

Banned
Reaction score
First off, I'm not really sure where this belongs. So I'm posting in Grammar because at least everyone I'm trying to reach will see it.

I just want to say sorry to those few people who criticized the Gravity's Rainbow excerpt and who now might feel humiliated, or like the butt of a joke. That was certainly not my intention. Posting the excerpt without attribution -- leading readers to believe it was my own writing -- was the only way, I feel, that I could gather completely unbiased responses. So I'm sorry to involve you in all my "experiment" without your consent. I realize that was insensitive of me. It will not happen again.

Now this thread is not intended as a continuation of the interesting and vital discussion I was trying to facilitate in the first place. (Questions of perception, bias, writerly ambitions and how people honestly react to the great stylists. Other interesting points, raised afterwards: our weakening? link to the literary past, modern vs past sensibilities. . .) This is an apology, that's all. Don't get me wrong, I want to continue the discussion freely, and I feel it's important, but the Admin clearly doesn't want this topic covered. I don't know why. They don't seem willing or able to explain why they're censoring threads. My thread, sure . . . but the following threads trying to continue a discussion I've never seen on these boards, one that certainly isn't common . . .

What I mean is let's please respect the Admin's wishes and leave this be as an apology thread.

Again, I'm sorry for my well-intentioned but obviously misguided attempt at scientific inquiry.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
What I mean is let's please respect the Admin's wishes and leave this be as an apology thread.

Again, I'm sorry for my well-intentioned but obviously misguided attempt at scientific inquiry.
Probably would have had more hope of that if you had just ended it after "I realize that was insensitive of me. It will not happen again."

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Well that was a non-apology of sorts. But I don't see the reason for creating a new thread. :/

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Once again, we're done here.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Actually, we're not quite done.

And I agree with Perks. Pity you couldn't control yourself and actually stop with the "apology." Although it wasn't really necessary -- people get time outs, and come back and figure things out, and it's no big deal. But that wasn't good enough for you either, right, A.r.p.?

And "apology of sorts" indeed. That was mostly just a thinly-veiled "Censorship! Halp! Halp! My science is being repressed!" whine, along with gratuitous condescension and a potshot or two at the people who help keep this board running. I get it. You don't like us. That's okay, though -- I strongly dislike you, too, after that self-centered, passive-aggressive, butthurt non-apology display.

A.r.p., since you just can't help acting like such a complete jackass, you're cordially invited to go give some OTHER board's admin the stabby pain in their left eye. You're a lot more work than you're worth, to me.

P.S. I've just banned one of your sockpuppets, by the way, and I'm confident I'll find the others when I have time to get around to it.

Now we're done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.