Ever Begin to Reply to a Thread and Stop Midway ?

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... have just clicked on two threads: in the politics and roundtable forums. I began typing out responses and abandoned both. This has happened before. What I had to say just didn't seem worth posting once I began typing it out.

Actually, I'm tempted to do the same with this thread.
Suppose I might as well carry through with it ...

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that quite a few times. I'll say to myself, 'Ah, nevermind', and go away, lol.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Lol sometimes I begin and then think 'eh sod it. I don't have the energy' and leave the thread.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
what? walk away from a fight? you nuts or something???

em, where's the wry humour sign gone....

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that.

Sometimes I start to say something embarrassing.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I've done it. Sometimes I just flat out forget what I was going to say. :rolleyes: Sometimes it's about politics and I think WHY would you do this to yourself? So I quit and have ice cream instead.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, me too...

I just back off and tell myself that life is too short to get all worked up over a difference of opinions. :Shrug:

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... good to know I'm not the only one. With some forums, there are so many great and spot-on replies to OP questions by other members that even if I feel like I've got something to contribute I don't because ... because I'm rather intimidated I suppose :gone:

ps And yep, there are times I do back out of a post to avoid getting into a debate or argument. Sometimes that's the best thing to do. Not the easiest either.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
... have just clicked on two threads: in the politics and roundtable forums. I began typing out responses and abandoned both. This has happened before. What I had to say just didn't seem worth posting once I began typing it out.

Actually, I'm tempted to do the same with this thread.
Suppose I might as well carry through with it ...

Oh I definitely have.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Lol sometimes I begin and then think 'eh sod it. I don't have the energy' and leave the thread.

This.

. . . Sometimes it's about politics and I think WHY would you do this to yourself? So I quit and have ice cream instead.

And this.

I've done it many times. Yet, now that I think about it, not nearly often enough.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
I do that all the time. If I'm not explaining myself properly or I think no one will care about my response anyway so it's not worth the effort :).

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Yup, many times. And then there are times I type out an entire response and say, ah, to hell with it, and leave the discussion without posting my response. Or when my response starts to get too long and I've run out of ambition to finish it.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I never do that: All of my comments are so well thought out that I don't hesitate to post them, where they are destined to shine like gems in an intellectual display of brilliance that is rarely seen in any discussion, anywhere.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
**shades eyes to see past the sparkling magnificence of Silver King's comment**

Yes, I do this, and yes, it's for the reasons others have mentioned already. I stop and abandon the post when I realize that:
a) really, I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, or
b) I can smell the flame-war coming, and I realize (in time) that I'd feel better if I didn't engage in the first place.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Most the time I think my opinion will come out too much.

So I'll exit or rewrite.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
With some forums, there are so many great and spot-on replies to OP questions by other members

This, too. Some threads attract the same basic response over and over. I'd be just another one.

And Ken, speak up! Don't be intimidated. :)

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes I will get into a row with someone and then think 'what the hell are you doing, girl? It's the internet! Is it really going to make a difference to anything at all?' So I walk away.

And other times I suddenly realise it's very late and I really ought to go to bed....

EarlyBird

Grinding it out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twentyfoursevenlife.com
Yes, frequently.

Then again I'm a little gun shy from my experience on another forum I frequent. There, when someone posts, they either get pounced on like a ravenous lioness on a gazelle or people kiss your rear in admiration. Not much in between and I've learned to be very choosy about posting anything.

I'm relatively new here, but this seems like a much cooler, less-judgmental crowd.:Clap:

Plus, the smilies here are a heck of a lot better. This one's my favorite: :e2moon:

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I never do that: All of my comments are so well thought out that I don't hesitate to post them, where they are destined to shine like gems in an intellectual display of brilliance that is rarely seen in any discussion, anywhere.

:sleepy: