Review etiquette?

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

I wonder if you could give me some advice, please? I sent a copy of my recent book to two bloggers/reviewers specializing in the genre, and they were kind enough to post very positive reviews in their blogs. Naturally I'm very grateful, but what do I do now? How can I show I appreciate their work? Their guidelines say nothing about it, just "send me the book and if I like it I'll review it". Of course, I will post links to them in my own blog and all that, but normally, how do you show your appreciation?

Also (as they're quite well-known and established in their genre), do you think it's okay to post bits of their reviews on the book's Amazon page? What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

eggs

Registered
Reaction score
I think you are over-thinking it. Why not just send them an email saying "Thank you for your lovely review of my book. Do you mind if I post parts of your review (with full attribution) on my book's Amazon page?" Then you'll know for sure!

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
I think you are over-thinking it. Why not just send them an email saying "Thank you for your lovely review of my book. Do you mind if I post parts of your review (with full attribution) on my book's Amazon page?" Then you'll know for sure!

Yes, I think you're right. I wrote one of them a letter saying more or less the same, and he just said I was free to use it how I wanted. Thank you very much, I now feel much better! :)