PDA

View Full Version : The (Pretty) Ugly Actor Thread

CaitlinK18
12-30-2005, 04:54 AM
I have a serious thing for the men of Hollywood that are not considered "hotties" by the world at large. Really, the only pretty boy I'll swoon over is Johnny Depp (see my post demanding more pirate costume pics...)

I will, however, squeal like a schoolgirl over any of the following:

Ron Perelman (esepcially in 'Alien Resurrection' and 'Hellboy')
Johnny Knoxville
Brad Dourif (this one is chiefly audio--I love his voice work in the Child's Play films. 'Deadwood' saw some great acting but he was kind of whiskery and hunchbacked...even I draw the line somewhere.)
Vin Diesel (whom I don't consider 'hot' in the least. His voice, however, will turn you to pure jello. I could listen to him read a phonebook...a really thick one!)
Cillian Murphy

If anyone else out there shares my obsession, please join in. Pics will come later...I'm too lazy and I'm at work.

PattiTheWicked
12-30-2005, 05:02 AM
I'm a closet Johnny Knoxville fan.

I heart Bam Margera too :)

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
12-30-2005, 05:07 AM
surely you would rather squeeze the face of eric bana. with both hands. from both sides.

CaitlinK18
12-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Was he adorable in 'Dukes of Hazzard' or what? Running around in his undies...happy day!

As far as the CKY crew goes I'm more of a Ryan Dunn girl...he's got cute red hair and a goatee.

tiny
12-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Dear lord, Eric Bana, in a skirt. He graces my desktop along with a whole host of other wonderfully edible men. Sean Bean, Dominic Purcell, Thomas Jane, Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman... I could go on for hours. Oh, James Holloway and...

PattiTheWicked
12-30-2005, 07:51 AM
I'm almost embarassed to admit this -- because he's really not attractive physically, AT ALL -- but I find Denis Leary unbearably sexy. The snarkier, the better.

SpookyWriter
12-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey, I ain't gay (i think) but I love Jonny Depp. Dudes so frucken good with his looks and he's not so shabby as a artist. I think he's a presidenta material...I'd vote!

Tom Cruise is major ugly. He only has one expression, "oink!" and his acting isn't much better than Kaptin Kerk...

Puddle Jumper
12-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Dear lord, Eric Bana, in a skirt. He graces my desktop along with a whole host of other wonderfully edible men. Sean Bean, Dominic Purcell, Thomas Jane, Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman... I could go on for hours. Oh, James Holloway and...
Gerard Butler - definitely a hottie in my book. Also Jamie Denton and David Wenham.

September skies
12-30-2005, 08:28 AM
I still say Harrison Ford - I don't care how old he gets (ok, I say that now) He's still as hot as when he played Indiana Jones

Cabinscribe
12-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm ....

Sam Elliott ........

:heart:

kristie911
12-30-2005, 10:01 AM
I love Jeremy Piven but I hate that he always plays everyone's best friend...give the man a lead role for goodness sakes. Yum!

mkcbunny
12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Jon Stewart is hot.

And, I confess, I had my Knoxville period.

Hmm. I can see the Sean Bean thing; he's got that rascally quality. And I'll always have a soft spot for Patrick Stewart. Something about that great bald head he has. And the accent. And the smile. But for not-at-all-cute obsessions ... when I was a young girl, I thought Oliver Reed was hot. That's just not right.

DamaNegra
12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Adrien Brody :) I just love the nice-boy look on his face. *sigh*

mkcbunny
12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Adrien Brody :) I just love the nice-boy look on his face. *sigh*
I have a friend who is in love with Adrien's nose.

tiny
12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I dig the new Doctor Who, first season, not this new season (he was in 28 Day Later too). And Knoxville, he looks like he might be a problem. Maybe, if he would do what I said :) cause he is nice to look at. And Jeremy Piven is cute but he reminds me of my brother so there's an icky quality.

I also have a list of hockey players. Nothing sets off a man's face like a broken nose :)

Melina
12-30-2005, 08:20 PM
I loved John Malkovich in Dangerous Liasons. And Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Neither one of them are good looking at all, really, but in those roles they were smokin'...

DamaNegra
12-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm a closet Johnny Knoxville fan.

Lol I dreamt with him just last night (although, since I don't know what he looks like, it was Vin Diesel, but in my dream he was Johnny Knoxville).

The point is, me and my friends went to the movies to watch Johnny Knoxville's concert (he had a band in my dream, he was the drummer AND guitar solist). Anyway, we reached the concert and first there was a powerpoint presentation (yes, you could even se the mouse cursor) and it was lame.

Then the curtains rolled and a huge cardboard cutout with their manager's picture appeared (it looked like prettyspecialgal's avatar), and the manager pulled it away with a sheepish grin. Then, a girl in a suit came onto stage and said:

'I'm an alligator', but her tone was so flat it was stupid. And she was shy of acting in public, so the band (who stood behind her) pulled her away, and then told the rest of the 'act' (which consisted in tiny (two feet high) green cones that walked and many other funnily dressed people) to go away. So we had to wait until they left but it was becoming increasingly awkward.

Then Johnny asked if we wanted to hear a solo in the drumset. Me, being a drummer, screamed YES!! But he turned out to be the worst drummer in history. After a failed, horrible solo, the three of them left the stage in embarrasment.

Yeah, a real flattering dream :)

NeuroFizz
12-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Sam Elliott
I'm not attracted to men, but I don't think any human can get more testosterone out of a scrawny body than Sam Elliott. The Roadhouse type of Sam.

srwpnh
12-30-2005, 09:33 PM
As a young girl my mom's love of Sam Elliott really wore off on me! He is amazing.

My husband is horrified over the actors I find sexy -- manily because they not ones anyone would really find that way. There is something about thier charisma and personalities that totally does it for me....

Steve Buscemi and Christopher Walken -- both are sooo sexy to me. I know, you think I'm crazy but they have this assurance and cockiness that really appeals to me.

I think there are some majoy hollywood hunks who are anything but -- Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt do absolutely nothing for me!

SpookyWriter
12-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Nothing sets off a man's face like a broken nose :)
And if I remember correctly, you offered me this service a couple times before...

:box:

scarletpeaches
12-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Eric Bana...*drool* You just would, wouldn't you? Not like those pretty Troy boys, Bloom & Pitt.

Gary Oldman. Hubba hubba!

tiny
12-31-2005, 02:08 AM
And if I remember correctly, you offered me this service a couple times before...

:box:

But I offered it in the nicest possible way (since I am a delicate flower and charming as hell).

PattiTheWicked
12-31-2005, 02:47 AM
Gary Oldman. Hubba hubba!

Oh yes, especially in Dracula, with the long hair, the top hat, and those sexy little glasses....

mmmrrrrrrooOOW.

tiny
12-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Stephen Billington has been one of the finest to play dracula, next to Gerard Butler. Yes fans, before he was the Phantom, he was Dracula. I just love bad guys. Viggo Mortenson was the sexiest satan I've even seen.

PattiTheWicked
12-31-2005, 03:10 AM
Viggo Mortenson was the sexiest satan I've even seen.

Ohhh, yes. That bit about "Little Tommy.. how I loved listening to your prayers at night. Then you would hop into bed, afraid that I was hiding under it.

And I was!"

Of course, Viggo actually made a sexy Amishman in Witness.

Having lived around Amish people, I can honestly say I never say any that looked like that.

scarletpeaches
12-31-2005, 03:38 AM
Oh yes, especially in Dracula, with the long hair, the top hat, and those sexy little glasses....

mmmrrrrrrooOOW.

Ah, the cheeldren of zee night, what sweet meeyoosic theyah mike!

(Although he wasn't so hot as the 'old' Dracula, you must admit. But yeah, the long haired specs appeal. As you say, mmrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooow)!

Perks
12-31-2005, 03:43 AM
Well, here goes any mystery I had left in me. I have a bit of a thing for Jeff Goldblum.

scarletpeaches
12-31-2005, 03:44 AM
Oh yesssssssssssssssssssss.

ChunkyC
12-31-2005, 03:57 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Danny Devito? I was led to believe his portrayal of Louie De Palma on TAXI gave millions of women a case of the screaming thigh-sweats.

(signed vertically challenged CC)

tiny
12-31-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry, but you must be this high to ride this ride.

maestrowork
12-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Alec Guiness. That guy was mesmerizing, and an actor's actor.

Perks
12-31-2005, 04:03 AM
The screaming thigh-sweats?

That's the greatest, most revolting descriptive I've ever heard for a lust fit. You get points for that alone, Charlie.

Perks
12-31-2005, 04:06 AM
At the bottom of the first glass of wine, I will also mention Sam Neil. Not conventionally, ahem, thigh-sweat-inducing, but I wouldn't kick him outta bed for eating crackers.

ChunkyC
12-31-2005, 04:11 AM
I must admit, I heard that line from the aforementioned Danny Devito's wife Rhea Perlman in her role as Carla on Cheers. I missed the rest of the show I was laughing so hard.

maestrowork
12-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Now imagining DeVito and Rhea... just gives me the jibbies... No thigh-sweat for me.

Cabinscribe
12-31-2005, 05:54 AM
Now imagining DeVito and Rhea... just gives me the jibbies... No thigh-sweat for me.

That's not half as bad, in my opinion, as imagining the Earnest Borgnine/Ethel Merman thing!

:eek:

P.H.Delarran
12-31-2005, 07:30 AM
James Woods does not have classic good looks but I find him incredibly sexy.

I don't know if Kevin Klien is considered "pretty" but I like him..lots.
Someone mentioned Sam Elliot..talk about a sexy voice! yummm..unfortunately he sounds just like my ex-husband.
Randy Jackson.
Donald Sutherland.

WVWriterGirl
12-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Mine is Robert Duvall. He's just the greatest, and I find I can't stop looking at him.

My husband likes the acting chops of Tommy Lee Jones, and for a long time I couldn't stand looking at him. These days, he's becoming "not so bad" to me.

Another few unconventional ones I like are Tim Roth, and the guys from Monty Python. I second the Patrick Stewart vote above, too.

mkcbunny
12-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Mmm. Alec Guinness. I can go there.

I do love certain accents. Welsh for one. Richard Burton was not an especially attractive man in the physical sense, but the way he spoke ... makes me all tingly.

Pat~
12-31-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm with September Skies on this one...Harrison Ford (and I don't care how old or even short he may be).

DeniseK
12-31-2005, 09:17 PM
I fell in love with Billy Bob Thorton in Pushing Tin. I like the bad boys who don't seem to care what anyone thinks, Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell, Nick Nolte.

Oh, and how can I forget Gary Busey?

Lyra Jean
12-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Harrison Ford
Christopher Walken
Steve Buschemi
Donald Sutherland
I don't know his name but he plays Snape in the Harry Potter movies. I don't know there's just something about him.
The actor who played in Batman Begins and American Psycho.

Okay so most of them are older than my dad but I can't help that. The funny thing is I rarely date men older than myself.

ChunkyC
01-01-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't know his name but he plays Snape in the Harry Potter movies. I don't know there's just something about him.
The actor who played in Batman Begins and American Psycho.
Snape = Alan Rickman
Batman/Am.Psycho = Christian Bale