PDA

View Full Version : "Charming"

paprikapink
12-29-2005, 11:51 PM
She said my story was "Charming!" Whoooo-weeee, I'm swooning.

She -- the editor at Ladybug Magazine -- also said she couldn't use it, but that seems incidental.

Maybe I'll just retire now, while I'm on top. Or at least higher than I've been heretofore. ;)

Jenny
12-30-2005, 06:45 AM
:banana: Congratulations. I know nothing beats an acceptance, but nice things said in a rejection slip give me a buzz too. Keep writing!

JoeEkaitis
12-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Got one of those from Chronicle Books for Children. The editor enjoyed the story about a fox who raises chickens but it wasn't "right for our list." Since they're in San Francisco, I wondered if the editor lingers in a bakery enjoying the aroma of sourdough bread as it comes from the oven until the baker asks "You wanna buy a loaf?"

"No, thanks. Though I enjoyed the aroma, it's not right for my diet."

blacbird
12-30-2005, 10:35 PM
nice things said in a rejection slip give me a buzz too.

After about 50 of these, they get less charming.

caw.

Susie
12-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Hey, PP, that's a great comment. Now, hope you'll get that acceptance too!!! Happy New Year to you and everyone! :Hug2:

PattiTheWicked
12-31-2005, 01:09 AM
Some rejections are nicer than others. I got one from an editory at Bloomsbury who had said she really enjoyed one of my submissions, and that it made her laugh out loud. She went on to say that the editorial review people just didnt think it was quite strong enough for them to accept, but that she would love to see more work from me in the future. It was the best rejection I've ever gotten, and not long ago I did send her another ms.

Vomaxx
12-31-2005, 01:26 AM
After about 50 of these, they get less charming.

Ain't that the truth!

paprikapink
12-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Seems worthwhile to bear in mind that acceptance/rejection by an editor is not a binary thing. There's no Hate It/Publish It switch that can only be set in one position or the other.

If you actually accepted everything you liked, think how crowded your house would be and how fat you'd be. Not to mention the venereal diseases.