Enthiran - Indian sci-fi

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone ever seen this?

It's on Channel 4 tonight and sounds interesting. And I've never really seen much sci-fi from anywhere but America or Europe. So I'm looking forward to it.

danrupe

Think think think...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All it takes is a Bollywood song and dance routine to turn any genre into a comedy for me. I'd be interested in knowing how it goes, tho.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'll let you know.

Probably be at the weekend though as I'm recording it and won't get time to watch it until then.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I watched an hour and a half today and must say it was not what I'm used to! LOL!

I've only seen a couple of Bollywood movies so I'm a bit ignorant of the tropes but there were plenty of sci-fi comedy tropes in it. The obsessed professor, the two stupid assistants, the neglected woman....

The basic plot has been seen a million times and the big fight scene is straight out of a Jackie Chan movie.

But it is funny. And has some interesting aspects. There's a bit that made me laugh out loud cos I hadn't seen it before.

So I'm looking forward to the second half.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I'm missing something. I've seen a few Bollywood films and they all sing and dance, even if it's a drama. Saw a flick called (I think) The Burning Train a number of years ago. Passengers on a burning train, an evil villain with a mustache, the comely heroine...and ten songs and dances.

And it was a comedy!

I just don't get it....