The Genius of Roald Dahl On ITV Tonight 10:15pm

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
presented by David Walliams.

Including early Charlie drafts! interviews his widow and readings from his work! sounds like a must-see

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a bit nervous about David Walliams presenting it but I may be short-changing the bloke.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a bit nervous about David Walliams presenting it but I may be short-changing the bloke.
Really?

I reckon he's pretty intelligent sort of guy.(little britain being excellent) (i havent read his own children's book, but in general he's insightful enough - i dont count his 'give me the dollars' BG talents nonsense, of course)

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I think it's the mix of DW and ITV that is making me nervous. I just hope they take it seriously and not just a shallow, bum-kissing exercise.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
well hard to know. but Walliams public persona is a bit of a red herring. i reckon he appreciates Dahl's genius and will be very respectful of same.
still, the proof will be in the puddin.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
It was ... ok. Had something interesting stuff but nothing I hadn't learnt before. And it was a bit bum-kissy.

The most interesting part was when they talked to Quentin Blake. He was talking about how Dahl's descriptions would give him ideas for his illustrations and how they weren't always quite how Dahl pictured them.

So it was interesting but as shallow as I was expecting.