PDA

View Full Version : If You're Looking For A Crit Group/Workshop

domynoe
04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Dreaming In Ink Writers Workshop has openings. We've been around for 10 years, have no fees, no writing level requirements (i.e. you don't have to already be published, though you can be). We take all genres and writing levels. We only require 2 crits a month to maintain membership. You can find us and more information at http://www.dreaminginink.com/

Hope we see some of you there! :D

cjcurrie
04-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Lol – it looks like even though you joined two years ago, this is your first post. Welcome to AW!

domynoe
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Yea, I mostly poke around to check on agents and small presses. Between DII, my own writing, managing a couple websites, editing, and caring for my autistic son, I'm kept pretty busy and find I can't be as involved in communities as I'd like. Honestly don't mean to be rude. :( I do try to become more involved with a community every now and then, and then end up not having time. I'm signed up in a lot of places and just don't have enough hours in the day. :(

fireluxlou
04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Sounds fun may try it have nothing to contribute at the minute though.

domynoe
04-24-2012, 11:09 AM
We believe writers learn as much from doing crits as receiving them. And no pressure: contribute when you can. :)

fireluxlou
04-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Ok thanks I'll have a think of it. Never been part of a workshop before.

L.Blake
04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the link. When my brain is on function mode, I will give it a serious look.

L.

domynoe
01-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Just giving this a bump. We have quite a few openings and would love to see some AW members there. :)

TMCan
03-28-2013, 05:14 AM
There are still a some openings in the group if anyone has an interest in joining a fun online writing group. All genres are welcome.

Bufty
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM
The same facility to critique and be critiqued, and to read the work of others being critiqued, is available here through the various Share-Your-Work Forums, you know.

Just giving this a bump. We have quite a few openings and would love to see some AW members there. :)

Maryn
03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
No! <--sarcasm

It's not my board to moderate, but it seems odd to promote a site which does what AW does at AW, don'tcha think?

Maryn, classier

Robert Gonko
03-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I'll have a look.

Williebee
03-28-2013, 08:38 PM
... and find I can't be as involved in communities as I'd like.

It would appear that, yes. Yes, you can.

Honestly don't mean to be rude. (

And I honestly mean to point out that you were.

Probably more important, you've given us at least three reasons, in as few posts, to not trust your recommendation:

You've admitted to spreading yourself across the internet rather than focusing on the work.

You've admitted to taking from AW rather than contributing. Never mind the AW aspect of it, it indicates that you would not be a contributor to my efforts, but would expect me to be a contributor to yours.

You've indicated an inability to read for content or learn about your cooperative partners. This would seem to indicate you aren't qualified to provide legitimate critiques. Some evidence to the contrary having preceded your request and recommendation would have been, at the least, on the road to a sound, if not professional effort.

In shorter terms, what you've said is: "I'm either not qualified or too afraid to participate in the craft and quest for quality writing, but would love it if you'd indulge me and support me somewhere else."

Yeah... that's a little rude.

AW Admin
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm locking this thread; there's nothing new, and bumping it just takes up useless space in the database, which I'm cleaning up for Future Things.