Help finding some work in LA, California

M. Scott

2024 will be my year!
Registered
Reaction score
So, here's the deal. I'm pretty intent on moving to Los Angeles for the long-term, but I'd like to have some work to do right off the bat. I have a fair amount saved up, but also want to hack away at school loans. While down there, I intend to market some screenplays and keep in touch with some media contacts. If any of you have any leads you could send my way, that'd be great.

Just to give an idea of my background:

I have degrees in Business Management and English Literature from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN.

I'm finishing my MBA from NDSU in Fargo, ND. I'll be done with all classes after the first week of May.

Past work experience includes managing inventories, selecting and running jobs for a print shop (millions of dollars worth), data entry, and workflow management of 20+ employees. Also, I spent a bit of time as an Assistant to Creative Executive at BDE Entertainment in Beverly Hills.

Of course, I don't expect anything huge to fall on my lap, but it'd be nice to have a decent day job right off the bat (or close to it) as I get acclimated to the area. I can understand the need for an in-person interview, and I'd be willing to do some of those mid-May if it's insisted upon.

If you know of anything, PM me or respond to this post, and I'll send along more data.

Thanks to all the wonderful folks at Absolute Write!