PDA

View Full Version : Free Custom Cover with Original Digital Painting

Gale Haut
04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Hey guys!

I need a personal project to distract me from my same ol' same ol' tasks at work. Like I really want to do more wacom painting than typography right now.

If you want a free digital painted cover for your ebook that you are self publishing soon, send me a page sample of the work with your typical synopsis or query. It should all be fairly casual. Dont stress over it.

I'll just be doing one at a time and a painting could take a while depending on what's needed.

Again whatever I choose will be FREE, regardless of time constraints and difficulty level.

merrihiatt
04-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Great offer, Gale! How soon is soon to be published? I have a book I'm hoping to write at the end of this year for release sometime in spring 2013. That's almost a year away and may not be soon enough for your time frame. If it isn't too far out, I'll PM with more information. It's paranormal, by the way.

Gale Haut
04-21-2012, 08:24 AM
I'd say, if the author has never published/self-published a book before then the book needs to be finished. If you have already published/self pubbed, then nearing completion is fine.

merrihiatt
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks, Gale. I've only written the first chapter and won't be working on it again until around Halloween. Someone is going to be very fortunate to get to work with you.

Gale Haut
04-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Merri, contact me about it when the time comes. I might do another free cover if times are good.

Besides, you are the only person who has shown any interest at this point.

merrihiatt
04-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Gale, I definitely will. A professional cover is one of several things I want for my books as I continue to self-publish. The money aspect has been prohibitive.

Gale Haut
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm working on one now. I'll ask the mods to keep the thread up in case I have more time to do another.

Gale Haut
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Here is the cover I made for one of Merri Hiatt's upcoming novels. I had a lot of fun working on it. Hopefully, I'll be able to do another freebie some time soon.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZuE7lA7w_mk/T52Z7F9UrUI/AAAAAAAAAis/IZYDhGFDgOM/s600/Rosary-small.jpg

Carmy
04-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Beautiful! Very professional!

I'll be back soon with a request for you.

Thank you for offering to do this for others. Few of us have your abilities.

merrihiatt
04-30-2012, 02:16 AM
Gale did an amazing job on the cover! I wasn't sure what I wanted for this particular book, as I've only written the first chapter so far. I'm now using this cover as part of my inspiration. Many thanks (again), Gale.

Gale Haut
04-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Merri,

You were a thrill to work with, and I'm so happy to hear that the image is inspiring to you. I can't describe how huge a compliment that is. I can say that your concept and ideas for this novel were equally inspirational on my end. I suppose passion begets passion.

In the future, when or before you get the inevitable recognition you deserve for your dedication to the craft, I hope you think of me for cover art. I really had a good time working with you.

merrihiatt
04-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Gale, I absolutely will. I'm still in awe that you could take my ramblings and create something so hauntingly beautiful. I keep looking at the woman's face and seeing nuances I swear weren't there before. It's Agatha creeping out through Mirabella's skin, I'm certain of it. ** getting the heebie jeebies **

Jessianodel
04-30-2012, 03:35 AM
Oh my goodness, that really is amazing Gale! I don't have a request I just had to leave a comment about that cover lol :D

HistorySleuth
05-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Wow that is an awesome, intriguing cover Gale. Well done!

Gale Haut
05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I'll be doing another cover now. Anyone who is interested, please PM me with your pitch.

EDIT: ***I've chosen someone for the cover.