Authors & Book Editors: Sales/media push ideas for books out over a year?

writtenoutloud

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm doing a story on how established authors can revitalize sales by doing fresh media pitches. How do you come up with a new relevant angle? How do you get through to media when your book is over a year old, or several years old? I want to hear from authors (especially those published by legit publishing companies rather than self-published) and book editors on tips for authors who have published a book and want to rev up sales. What can they do when the book is older?

Please send full contact information including short pitch with idea to {email redacted, please post replies in forum - love, your friendly neighborhood mod}.

I will be in touch if I use your submission, and the publication will call to fact-check.

Thank you!
Kristen

Last edited by a moderator:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Hi there,

I'm doing a story on how established authors can revitalize sales by doing fresh media pitches. How do you come up with a new relevant angle? How do you get through to media when your book is over a year old, or several years old? I want to hear from authors (especially those published by legit publishing companies rather than self-published) and book editors on tips for authors who have published a book and want to rev up sales. What can they do when the book is older?

Please send full contact information including short pitch with idea to kristen @ kristenfischer.com.

I will be in touch if I use your submission, and the publication will call to fact-check.

Thank you!
Kristen

The one and only thing you can do is write and publish a new book.

That's it.

There are no other tricks; there are no other gimmicks.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

True enough. I was talking about reviews in things like newsletters. Which is easy enough if you're a member or know a member of the group that puts one out.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Are you looking for people to help you research or to pitch you ideas/submissions/write your story for you?

Jim's absolutely right, there aren't any gimmicks except to keep writing.