PDA

View Full Version : Authorsden.com

CinthiaX
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone! I don't know if I'm in the right room, but I'm sure that someone will move me if I am...everyone's so dedicated here:) Just wanted to say that I'm on authorsden and I think it's a great way to get people to see you and your book. Two days and I already have 16 hits, so if you're published or will be in the next year, please do become a member...I don't know about sales generated but it certainly is a good way to be seen (for free!) Good luck:)

Medievalist
04-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, no.

Author's Den is a display site.

They don't work.

See this thread: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48652&highlight=authorsden.com

CinthiaX
04-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks, but James Lewis recommended it so I tried it out and as I said have only been on it for 2 days. Also thanks for the link to the beware thread...but i didnt really see anything there that could convince me about the EVIL of authors den. Do you have any personal experience with them?

veinglory
04-18-2012, 12:11 AM
There is a difference between useless and evil. It is the former, along with dozens of similar sites (RedRoom etc).

Medievalist
04-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Thanks, but James Lewis recommended it so I tried it out and as I said have only been on it for 2 days. Also thanks for the link to the beware thread...but i didnt really see anything there that could convince me about the EVIL of authors den.

It's not evil, it's just daft. You can do more for yourself via your own online presence. Heck, you'll have more Google juice from AW, than authorsden.com

Moreover, more than half the examples on the site violate basic English syntax. Do you want to be associated with the barely competent? Do you want to be one of thousands? Or do you want to stand out?

Do you have any personal experience with them?

None at all. I write books; my publishers sell them and I write more books.

veinglory
04-18-2012, 01:20 AM
I tried them out, maybe 3-4 years ago. Decided it was a waste of time. A nice enough hangout, but not helping me as a writer.

CinthiaX
04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok, Thanks people:)