Heard about your awesome group!

WA1968

Future Author YA/Paranormal Romance
Registered
Reaction score
I am here from Nathan's boards. We had a post there that talked about what a wonderful group of YA writers you all are, so I came to check you all out.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Cher'rie. I Live in Yakima WA. I am currently writing a paranormal romance. This is my first novel so I am really green behind the ears. Please be patient with me. I am full of questions and asking for any advice anyone has.

I also just want to get to know other authors.I would like to have YA Romance writing buddies. People I can talk with about their WIP and they can talk with me about mine as well. I am endlessly fascinated about what makes us writers tick.

Anyway, here is to hoping that we can help each other

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

This is definitely a good place to find writing buddies. I found my critique partners here. Just being active is a great way to get to know everyone and spot someone who might have a style or philosophy similar to you.

:welcome:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Welcome to AW.

I see you've already posted on the Newbie thread, so I'll mosey on over and welcome you there.

There's a 50 post requirement before you can post your work to discuss, but there are plenty of opportunities to chat, weigh in, and meet people on your way to 50 posts.

(I'm an artist, btw, not a YA writer, but I imagine they'll be along soon.)

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

I don't write romance, but there are plenty here who do. Can't really think of a place with a better gang of writers willing to have their brains picked.

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Heyz! It's really great to meet you!

I write paranormal romance as well. I started out in the young adult genre but I dabble in a a few others just to broaden by horizons a bit.

You will love it here. There's tons of information and the peeps are great. Critting is a great way to get some practice and some pointers, and of course just reading the threads.

I came here after writing my first novel and now I have many. :D

Hope to be seeing you around.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
Welcome! You'll see some folks from Nathan's boards here, as well as lots of new faces. There are a lot of great people. Dive into the different areas and check out the critique sites: you'll find a ton of YA authors over there.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Jump in and get involved and you'll meet plenty of folks. Good luck with your writing!

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Lots of great people in this forum to bounce ideas off and learn from. See you around!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Cher'rie! Welcome to AW and the YA forum!

I don't write romance myself, but a lot of people here do, and most YA have romance in them, if not falling into the genre.

We have people here from all stages of writing, some that are published, some that are trying hard to get published, and some that are writing just for themselves :) Good places to make friends are Teens Writing For Teens or Old People Writing for Teens. Good places to find out what everyone's reading and look for recs are What YA book are you Reading Right Now?, One Hundred Books, and Get Yer YA Recommendations here.

Some hot topics that have threads stickied at the top are about edgy YA (sex, drugs, swearing, violence, etc.), the difference between YA and MG, what constitutes a YA novel. There are also about a billion and one threads about these somewhere in the forum too, which is why we stickied those.

If you're looking to learn a lot, check out Share Your Work, where there's a YA section, a romance section, and a very helpful query letter section. While you can't post in there yet, you'll be amazed at how much you learn by reading other people's crits and critiquing others yourself.

Have fun, learn lots, feel free to ask and answer any questions :)

soopykun

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Cher'rie, welcome! I don't write romance, but I do write YA. I got my start here on AW--there's some wonderful people on these boards. If I hadn't been lucky enough to stumble on this site, I really don't think I'd be where I am. I hope you enjoy hanging out around here :)

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

This is a really awesome place. Don't be afraid to ask questions; we don't bite (well, only sometimes). I don't personally write YA romance, but have a good bit of it included in my writing.