I need a CAD designer.

The Tourist

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Looking forward to producing something slick for publishers or insiders, I would like to render the 'class ring' my lead is presented upon graduation from the academy.

I know the design, I just want to communicate it to a designer, and get some 'camera ready' art for hard copies of the story when needed.

Can anyone provide me with a name?

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
CAD? That's for blueprints. If you want a piece of art, hire an artist who has similar stuff in his/her portfolio and let them use whatever software they used to do the example you like.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've used CAD for 30 years or so in my job (architecture and engineering), but sunandshadow is right, CAD wouldn't be used except to create industrial drawings for production of a ring.

You might want to discuss more why you think you need this.

The Tourist

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Yup, that's what I need right now--to see if the design can be made, at all.

One thing I've learned about "artistic renderings" is that things like perspectives, alloys, manner of production, etc. may never jibe with production.

Engineers and architects learned this decades ago. After all, glass sure looks pretty on a building, but it's not load bearing.

Somewhere, somehow, by someone a mock-up of the ring might/will be made. At least a "wire structure" should be attempted. In this age of computers, even some jewelers rely on CAD programs.

BTW, daddy was an engineer. I'm the art student.