Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtaHeru1:1

Banned
Reaction score
I've been on a couple of writing forums in the past, and what I've noticed is when I identify myself as black, in any way, shape, or form (pictures, name, etc.); whites use this as an excuse to take cheap shots at me on-line.

Thinking they're clever they'll make sublime animal references and things of that nature; so much so that I think I'm going to be done with writing forums altogether.

So, has anyone else experienced this...or is it just me?

Sol Quince

Don't mind me.
Registered
Reaction score
Racists people? try to report them.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's disturbing.

Stick to AW. I don't think you'll find much of that sort of thing here. We are a friendly and well-intentioned bunch, though there may, of course, be a few bad apples.

I find it hard to believe that members of a writing forum would make "animal references." I think of writers as being beyond that sort of thing, but perhaps I'm naïve.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on a couple of writing forums in the past, and what I've noticed is when I identify myself as black, in any way, shape, or form (pictures, name, etc.); whites use this as an excuse to take cheap shots at me on-line.

Thinking they're clever they'll make sublime animal references and things of that nature; so much so that I think I'm going to be done with writing forums altogether.

So, has anyone else experienced this...or is it just me?

Sound like pretty shitty forums. I've never had that issue.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Closed this for the moment while I sort things out.

If you have a problem with another user's words on this forum, please PM a moderator or report the post using the little red and white triangle icon under the offending post's user avatar. In general starting a new post in a new subforum to complain about it is not the way to way to make the forum a more respectful place.

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
This has happened to me on this forum...recently.

Yeah. You're a liar.

Also, you're an abusive, sneaky, nasty little troll -- and you're no longer welcome on this site..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.