Q&A with Jenna Glatzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Mark your calendars.

On Friday, January 6th, the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler will host its first ever moderated chat. Our inaugural guest will be none other than Jenna Glatzer, proprietor and beloved goddess of AW.

Are there questions you've always wanted to ask her but did not feel appropriate to post? Would you like to know more about her accomplishments? How she lands ghostwriting assignments? The name of her cat? How many words per minute she types? Do you just want an opportunity to listen to her in real time?

Come to the moderated chat and do so.

9:00 PM EST Friday, January 6th
8:00 PM CST Friday, January 6th
7:00 PM MST Friday, January 6th
6:00 PM PST Friday, January 6th
2:00 AM GMT Saturday, January 7th

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
You got it. And I'll juggle bowling balls on fire while singing, too.

[can't believe Lori called me a goddess... :thankyou:]

LieselGarmach

Registered
Reaction score
Will a log of the chat be available for those who are unable to make the posted time?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
We're tentatively planning a dress rehearsal, so that when we manage to corner Jenna and monopolize her evening, we already know what we're doing.

:D

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
By the way, what would you guys prefer-- would you like me to prepare a "talk" (if so, on what subject/s?), or would you like the whole chat to be Q&A-style?

LieselGarmach

Registered
Reaction score
Most of the guest chats I've attended or been a facilitator for have been a brief commentary by the guest about what's been going on in his/her life (I've only facilitated a few and they weren't real celebrities) and then the rest was Q&A. It worked rather well that way.

One time I attended an Amy Grant chat and she was promoting a new album so about 30min into the hour, we started seeing ads. That was a bit distracting, but I knew ahead of time that it was likely. At the end they listed all of her currently available albums which I thought was just fine.

I hope it all goes real well and that lots of people show up! I'm just sorry I already have plans for Friday.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I've also received a request to post when the chat will be in Greenwich Mean Time, which I will, just as soon as I figure out what time that is.

Tri, you're making me blush. I can tell why you're a professional writer. You're good at exaggerating. ;)

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Dang. I'm gonna be away this weekend. My first New Year's party in over a decade. I'm taking two lampshades just in case.

I might be able to peek from a friend's computer but I can't be certain.

Looking forward to reading the log though. :)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
GMT

For those that asked or who need to do their own calculations, the Q&A with Jenna will be at 2:00 AM GMT on Saturday, January 7th. This is not a change of date time, but an additional time zone to help those not located in North America calculate when the chat session will be held. You can use the GMT Converter to help you figure out what time it will be in your time zone, too.

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be able to make it due to a money-earning commitment. No Frank, someone is NOT being paid to put me in a home for the criminally insane.

Dagnabit,:e2bummed: I wanted to ask her a really in-depth authorial question: who her favorite Monkee is.
tongue.gif

Last edited:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
If Frank makes it, maybe you could get him to ask that question for you or, since Mac will be there as a mod, maybe she would? I bet either of them could be bribed or blackmailed into doing so.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hey, Lori came up with another great idea-- we're going to give away a prize during the chat: a copy of The Street-Smart Writer (just released!). So here's a little heads-up: Lori's going to ask a trivia question at the end of the chat, and the first person with the right answer wins the book. The answer to the trivia question can be found on my personal site, www.jennaglatzer.com. So if you want to win the book, study up on Jenna trivia. :D

Frank, I was gonna say something earlier, but then I thought, "Huh. I guess he's going to a very long New Year's Eve celebration!"

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Oh man! I'd better take a shower. Wouldn't want to be all unhygenic for my big appearance. Back in a flash...

:e2shower:

Status
Not open for further replies.