PDA

View Full Version : [Agency/Packager] Stonesong

QueenViv
04-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Anyone knows anything about this agency? I wanted to query Emmanuelle Morgen but the fact the agency also publishes books made me pause.

here's the link to their website: http://stonesong.com/

Mustafa
04-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I wanted to query Emmanuelle Morgen but the fact the agency also publishes books made me pause.
/ (http://stonesong.com/)

It's good to pause, but lots of agencies are doing that nowadays. They have solid sales to top publishers. I think it looks like a great agency.

QueenViv
04-14-2012, 10:26 PM
It's good to pause, but lots of agencies are doing that nowadays. They have solid sales to top publishers. I think it looks like a great agency.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

MKrys
04-14-2012, 10:36 PM
This is my friend's agent. Emmanuelle just scored her a 2-book deal with a mid six figure advance. She also sold the movie rights to Fox 2000. So I'd say she's pretty legit!

Paula
05-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Does anybody have any recent experience working with them?
They seem to be mainly focused on non-fiction.

pavtbr
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I sent an email query to Emmanuelle Morgen this morning for a historical fiction. I got their autoreply email, so now I wait. I'll be sure to post back though when I receive a response.
Bryan

Smiley0501
06-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Good luck Bryan!

FCameron
11-10-2012, 03:36 AM
I sent an email query to Emmanuelle Morgen this morning for a historical fiction. I got their autoreply email, so now I wait. I'll be sure to post back though when I receive a response.
Bryan

I submitted and didn't receive the autoreply email, so I don't know Emmanuelle got the query. Should I wait a week and try again? Given the recent Hurricane Sandy, it could be a technical glitch. Hmmm.... ideas?

Thanks.

mayqueen
11-10-2012, 04:14 AM
I queried on May 31 and never got a response. I just realized that I should have received an auto-reply but never did. So, FCameron, I have no idea how to answer you! I'm curious myself.

FCameron
11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
If the email spam filter caught the emails, then we wouldn't get an autoreply. I asked her on Twitter, but she hasn't yet responded, but it is the weekend. Waiting for now.

FCameron
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Yes, their auto-responder wasn't working. Should be back now.

Smiley0501
03-02-2013, 03:34 AM
March 1- Queried Emanuelle Morgen and got their auto response

Amanuensis
09-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Oops, mis-post!

Kayley
10-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Queried Emanuelle on 10/16, received a full request today.

Kayley
11-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Queried Emanuelle on 10/16, received a full request today.

Personalized rejection on the full today.

object of my charm
04-07-2015, 08:54 AM
I sent a query to Emmanuelle four weeks ago and received a request for a full today. Happy, but not overly thrilled. I've had lots of requests for fulls but no offers of representation. I'm considering changing novel from third person to first...

Funaek
08-01-2015, 06:30 AM
Sent a query to Emmanuelle today but didn't receive the autoreply. Does that mean it got eaten by their spam filter and I should resend?

Kayley
08-03-2015, 11:41 PM
I sent a query to Emmanuelle four weeks ago and received a request for a full today. Happy, but not overly thrilled. I've had lots of requests for fulls but no offers of representation. I'm considering changing novel from third person to first...

If she rejects, she might give you useful feedback; that's what happened with me. You could also offer your book to beta readers if you haven't already and see if they think a POV switch would help.

JaneD
08-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Sent a query to Emmanuelle today but didn't receive the autoreply. Does that mean it got eaten by their spam filter and I should resend?

On the website it says she is closed to submissions in August. I'd wait to resend until September.

community chest
10-30-2015, 04:10 AM
I often wonder about that POV stuff. It's worth remembering that Dostoevsky first considered doing CRIME AND PUNISHMENT in first, but changed it to third early on because he wanted a certain distance between himself and Raskalnikov ...

DeannaR
01-10-2017, 02:56 AM
http://stonesong.com/

I apologize if there is already a thread on this one. I did a search but couldn't find one.

Wondering if anyone has knowledge on this agency. One of my go to background checks (pred-ed) is down :'(

Thanks!
D

LJD
01-10-2017, 02:58 AM
See this (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?242489-Agency-Packager-Stonesong) thread.

Marissa D
01-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Found this thread... <snipped>

DeannaR
01-10-2017, 03:54 AM
.... what did you search for?? Thanks :)

LJD
01-10-2017, 03:56 AM
It didn't come up in the search, but I just went to this (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?792-INDEX-TO-AGENTS-PUBLISHERS-AND-OTHERS&highlight=stonesong) index thread.

Though it does come up if you use the Google search bar at the bottom of the page.

Filigree
05-25-2017, 01:22 AM
Has anyone queried Emmanuelle Morgen lately at Stonesong?

LJD
05-25-2017, 04:10 AM
Not super recent, but I queried last May and got a full request from an intern. Received a brief personalized rejection (from intern) about 2 months later, mentioning that they thought they would have difficulty marketing the satirical elements...

airandarkness
06-11-2017, 07:06 AM
Emmanuelle Morgan liked one of my SFFPIT tweets back in December and I queried her then; she got back to me a couple weeks later with a form rejection. I know agents tend to prioritize queries requested from pitch parties, so I can't really speak to her usual response time frame.

I had also queried Alyssa Jennette with the same project a couple of months prior, and never got a response. I queried Madelyn Burt with a new project back in April, and she got back to me a couple of days ago with a rejection.

MisterXi
06-30-2017, 06:46 PM
I received a request for partial from an assistant to Emmanuelle Morgen. Their guidelines say no attachments, but I'm thinking that's for queries only. Do I send the partial in attachment or pasted in body of email?

I'm new to all of this and apologize for the dumb question.

Krista G.
06-30-2017, 07:28 PM
Unless agents specifically stated otherwise in their requests, I always sent partials as attachments. I agree that Stonesong's no-attachments guideline probably applies to queries, not requested material.

Good luck, MisterXi!

I received a request for partial from an assistant to Emmanuelle Morgen. Their guidelines say no attachments, but I'm thinking that's for queries only. Do I send the partial in attachment or pasted in body of email?

I'm new to all of this and apologize for the dumb question.

MisterXi
06-30-2017, 07:46 PM
TY, Krista.

mystere
07-01-2017, 08:06 AM

Wow really? I submitted to them, they requested a full and rejected. But knowing they also publish, I'm glad they rejected it. The conflict of interest between selling to publishers and publishing yourself makes me uneasy.

Fiender
10-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know if Stonesong is a "no from on means no from all" publisher? There's nothing on their submissions page that mentions that they might pass a query along if they think it's a good fit for another of their agents.