Advanced Press Screenings?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know where else to put this. Does anyone know how we can get signed up to be invited to press screenings for movie reviews? My husband would like to write movie reviews, but I don't know how he can get started. Thanks.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
The only way I know to get a press screening invitation is to have a relationship with the press liaison for the distribution company for said film. I think the best course of action would be for him to set up a blog or whatever, go see movies the day they open and review them that day, demonstrate that he is not just looking for free tickets but could be of use to the company for advertising purposes and then contact the person in charge of communicating with press and tries to forge a relationship with them, that's the best plan.

There are however sometimes preview screenings for films that the general public is invited to, and I bet if you google "preview movie screening passes" you can get information on how to come by them.

Hope this is somewhat helpful!

Deleted member 42

I didn't know where else to put this. Does anyone know how we can get signed up to be invited to press screenings for movie reviews? My husband would like to write movie reviews, but I don't know how he can get started. Thanks.

He needs to set up a blog and start posting reviews first.

To start, they don't have to be recent films.

Try to have a schedule of reviews; at least one post a week. Three would be better. Write a bunch and use the scheduling system built into the blog to publish them.

He needs to get his reviews linked to by others, and start getting a name for thoughtful intelligent reviews.

He can also try writing for the free weeklies--in the L.A. area, I wrote reviews for L.A. Weekly and other weeklies, and then started getting passes from the studios.